Random content AND a link together?

Discuss phpwcms here, please do not post support requests, bug reports, or feature requests! Non-phpwcms questions, discussion goes in General Chat!
oldfolk

Random content AND a link together?

Post by oldfolk »

Greetings - I know how to do random images with corresponding links in javascript and/or in php but not in phpwcms.

I can't figure out how to get the [ID:##] link to work with the images using the random content module.

I'm hoping there is some function built into the random content feature that I haven't discovered?

Please let me know if I need to just hack something out on my own or if capability already exists.

thanks peeps

PS my regrets if this is posted in the wrong section.
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

I guess no response means it can't be done huh?

well will post what I come up with for a work around when I get a chance. Right now my bonsai are yelling for my attention and I need a 'code break'

-later
wireless

Post by wireless »

Like to see this one.
How about a twist on it like:

{RANDOM:picture/random_175:4}

where 4 would be the number of rotated images to show ina vertical layout.

Hey why don't we make then click able to the advertisers page while we are at it :-)
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

I just wanted to follow up and let anyone interested know that I wasn't able to get a random image with link mod to work but was able to use an external script easily by utilizing phpwcms replacement tags.

It isn't the best solution because it requires a text file with an image and corresponding link, it's easy but will not just work automatically. Using the random .php file I incorporated it into my site like this:

{PHP:randparks.php}

If anyone has a more palpable solution let me know.