has anyone experienced this?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
oldfolk

has anyone experienced this?

Post by oldfolk »

My site has been in construction for almost a month now and I am down to the last bit of tweaking before turning it over to it's new owners.

But all of a sudden when I go to log in I get this error message:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/trentonm/public_html/include/inc_conf/conf.inc.php:97) in /home/trentonm/public_html/login.php on line 142
I have changed nothing in the structure nor the system so cannot find an explanation why it stopped working.

This had happened to me before but I was in the early stages of building the site so deleted and reloaded everything onto a new host including the database.

Am hoping to find a solution that would avoid that this time and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced this and whether they were able to fix it, or if I should just give up on this otherwise excellent cms.

FMI -I am operating with the latest build with patches 1 thru 4, have my document root enabled in the bottom of the config file, and all permissions have been re-checked and are correct.

thanks in advance
oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

okay....so I guess either

1. no one else has experienced this or
2. they have but got it resolved or
3. they have and never got it resolved, just gave up.

okay -perhaps a different approach?

does anyone know how to force the program to end the session?

Maybe if I put the logout button and code on the login page?

I think it has to do with the ftp takeover. It was right after I tried to get that to work that all this started....2 days ago......
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

oldfolk

Post by oldfolk »

Thanx a million Pappnase. After trying a bunch of different things the above link did the trick.

For those with the same problem please take note. When I went into my conf file THRU THE CONTROL PANEL to copy a snippet for another matter it apparently added extra lines at the bottom of the page that phpwcms didn't like.

I downloaded the conf file and every other file I had gone into thru the control panel and removed the blank lines then

Reloaded via ftp and all works again.

Again a big thanx to Pappnase.

On a side note:
Judging from all the posts I found on the topic would this be a good topic to add to the unofficial faq or somewhere easier to find?