Problems with the Filelist (Dateiliste) and Forms

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
derD

Problems with the Filelist (Dateiliste) and Forms

Post by derD »

Hi there

I already checked all points that should be checked as Oliver said before this posting.
I am using the release rc4-2206.

I loaded my files via FTP up and put them into my folder via the Filemanager.
I then created 2 new Articles on the same page, type: Filelists.

Everything appears fine on the browsers. But when you want to download the files in IE 6, i get this opportunity only for the last 2 entries in the 2nd list. The other files appear, but as normal text.

In Firefox 0.93 and Opera 7.54 it works fine. All files can be downloaded.

In the source code i cannot see any difference between the last two entries and the others.

Adding:

Yeah. I added the Mailform on the startpage and in IE it does not work. I cannot do any entry.
You can see it on my homepage.

Thx alot for any suggestions.
Ich sagte doch: ich geh nie wieder in den Bau.
DeXXus

Re: Problems with the Filelist (Dateiliste) and Forms

Post by DeXXus »

derD wrote:I then created 2 new Articles on the same page, type: Filelists.

Everything appears fine on the browsers. But when you want to download the files in IE 6, i get this opportunity only for the last 2 entries in the 2nd list. The other files appear, but as normal text.

In Firefox 0.93 and Opera 7.54 it works fine. All files can be downloaded.

In the source code i cannot see any difference between the last two entries and the others.
I am using 1.1-RC4_2004-06-22, but creating two "content parts" of type "file list" either consecutively -or- separated by other types of "content parts" seems to work just fine. All links are downloadable and the CSS applied to their "look" is correct. Maybe you can show us a link?
derD wrote:Adding:

Yeah. I added the Mailform on the startpage and in IE it does not work. I cannot do any entry.
You can see it on my homepage.

Thx alot for any suggestions.
This line is your problem in "cssIE_001.css":

Code: Select all

filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='http://www.above-and-beyond.de/picture/upload/bg_black_002.png',sizingMethod='scale');
derD

The transparent PNG

Post by derD »

Hi. Thx alot for your answer.

What a mess. I spent one night to get IE work like i want to with the transparent thing.
So I would suggest that this AlphaImageLoader is also the problem with my files and that they cannot be downloaded.

But why does this happen ? Is this just an idea of you or do you have an explanation for this @DeXXus ??

Thx alot.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

I don't know much about that filter and it's effects. I haven't looked into it further. I forget how you did it. It's probably because the form is affected by the styling of the containing DIV. It probably needs to be in it's own DIV and "floated" into alignment over the rest.
derD

Solved

Post by derD »

Ok. You are right. It is the filter. It caused all the problems.
So no transparency for IE for now until I find another way.

Thx alot !