PHPWCMS Backup 1.5

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I have to say sorry: I can not recommend the use of this tool. It's buggy and like Russian roulette ;-)

It will not work if you have a large db and/or many (large) files. Most people have limited PHP memory only - that's a big problem. There is also a bug in using the db table prepend value.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
SirBandito

Post by SirBandito »

hi,

i am still working on these problems...

Thr routine for the db dump is nearly new and now u can save databases up to 100 mb and more...

Oliver maybe you can send me the bug with the db table prepend value. I cannot see this bug in my code and i dont know what u mean cuz this works nearly perfect...

I won't create a zip anymore cuz there is really a problem that the PHP memory is sometimes limited...

Greetz

Sir Bandito
Cassiel

Post by Cassiel »

SirBandito wrote:i didnt test it on windows server machines.... maybe there are some problems.... i will test it and fix it 8)

Cassiel wich server do u have!?

On 8 webservers i tested it and i didnt had any problems... Papnase tested it too and after some problems/calls with his host it works....
http://cassiel.info/myinfo.php

Greetings,
Cassiel
jamba

Post by jamba »

Hi.

Interested in this but wondering what state it's in. Have Oliver's concern's been addressed?
Russ Back :D
Jamba Solutions
http://jambasolutions.com
SirBandito

Post by SirBandito »

Hi,

i am sorry. But i have some projects wich takes a lot of time. Maybe i can release a new version this month.

I'm really sorry!

Greetings

SirBandito
rsantifort

Backup Module

Post by rsantifort »

Maybe someone can write a backup module which is usable from the backend.
I am still looking at a way to recreate a whole site on another domain without having to move all the files seperately.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

this is no backup script wich will backup the whole site!
only the config files and the css! and a db dumb will this create!