file upload names

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

file upload names

Post by Sticky »

Everytime I upload or FTP take over, the file names that have spaces in the name are remaned with an _ in place of teh space in the name.
How can I stop this from happening so that links to the files do not show the file name with a _ in the name?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

as far as i know this is not possible to change. and also why you wanna change that!? cos you call the files over the file/image browser.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

Spaces in file names are not a good idea at all.

The changins of a spaces to a underscores is needed for *NIX systems.

file list allows for captions to be added under each file, these may have spaces.

Post by Sticky »

I noticed that if I go and edit file information and remove the _'s from the name everything works fine.
any ideas how I do this automaticly
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

The great thing with 'automatically' is that you code it once and it will always perfom that way.
The down side to 'Automatically' is that you must code it once ;)

Basically I you aren't able to code it yourself or find someone who can then you must continue as you are.

ps: i think as it can be done by hand you may want to submit a 'Feature Request' to swap all undescores in a file name to spaces. (this will not be the same as replacing the spaces as the function will be unaware of which were origonallys spaces and which were origonally underscores. It does assume that all underscores would really like to be spaces when they grow up ;) )

Post by Sticky »

any idea where this is at in the files that does that?
I would love to give it a try