header already sent

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
madmus

header already sent

Post by madmus »

why i always get this error when update something?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u215/domain/urbanpoor.or.id/web/phpwcms.php:206) in /home/u215/domain/urbanpoor.or.id/web/include/inc_tmpl/admin.templates.tmpl.php on line 111
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello mad :wink:

please take a look at this.

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.p ... nformation
Peekay

Post by Peekay »

Now this is a little strange. I updated conf.inc.php (only changed one character in order to change the HTML editor) and I had the same problem - 'headers already sent' error message.

I had used Cpanel file editor to make the changes, so, I figured Cpanel had screwed up the UNIX linefeed stuff somehow. So... I viewed the backup file (conf.inc_bak.php) in WS-FTP on my Windows PC.

I was surprised to find that instead of the usual unformatted text full of black-block symbols that UNIX files tend to display on a Windows PC, it was... well it was readable!. Whereas my freshly edited conf.inc.php was the usual unformatted mess.

So, I downloaded conf.inc.php and used the TODOS program to convert it to a DOS text file. I then deleted the extra spaces after the ?> (there were a few) and uploaded.

Worked a treat.
stamba

Post by stamba »

Hi i'm using Release 1.1-RC4 22-06-2004

system: Windows 9x STAMBA 4.10
server: Apache/1.3.31 (Win32)
php: v4.3.8
path: c:/apache/apache/htdocs/php

mySQL is version 3.23.49

I do not understand from where the [b]php[/b] comes!? Iti is installed in the c:/apache/apache/htdocs/phpwcms and doc_root is (should be) c:/apache/apache/htdocs

On http://stamba/phpwcms/setup/setup.php?step=1 send db data i got

Notice: Undefined variable: conf_file in c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php on line 286

Notice: Undefined index: db_sql in c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php on line 39

Warning: [b]Cannot modify header information - headers already sent [/b]by (output started at c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php:286) in c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php on line 72

I look at other posts but it seems to me this error is much earlier that i other posts.
fazer6

Post by fazer6 »

I have no knowledge of php at all, but when using os commerce I had this problem if i changed a file using the admin section of os commerce as white space was added at the end of the file before the closing tag.
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

stamba wrote:On http://stamba/phpwcms/setup/setup.php?step=1 send db data i got

Notice: Undefined variable: conf_file in c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php on line 286

Notice: Undefined index: db_sql in c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php on line 39
These "notices" are not -failures-. They can be supressed by changing "php.ini" option that follows:
; - Show all errors, except for notices
;
error_reporting=E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
stamba wrote:Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php:286) in c:\apache\apache\htdocs\phpwcms\setup\setup.php on line 72
If you try the change above... it may no longer need to interrupt the setup process to send those notices in a http: header and hopefully go further along in the script.
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

Peekay wrote:Now this is a little strange. I updated conf.inc.php (only changed one character in order to change the HTML editor) and I had the same problem - 'headers already sent' error message.

I have used Cpanel file editor to make the changes, so, I figured Cpanel had screwed up the UNIX linefeed stuff somehow.
I'm glad I read this!
I've encountered the same thing: Editing the conf.inc.php file with cPanel, and after that, the 'headers already sent by' stuff were all that I could see.

I removed that last empty lines in the file that were suddenly there, and everything works again. :D

Very strange problem...
Ozone

Post by Ozone »

Yep, I encountered it again, only this time the error came from 'conf.template_default.inc.php'. At the end of the file there were some empty lines created by cPanel.