autoalarm.ee

post released sites here made with phpwcms
Landers

autoalarm.ee

Post by Landers »

Hello Folks.
I finshed my first page under PHPWcams. This CMS is super, many thanks to Oliver.

I`m quite satisfied with the final result, please take a look at:

http://www.autoalarm.ee
pepe

Post by pepe »

Hallo Landes

First of all i must say: That's a site to be proud of :D .

Two points you should think over:

- Wouldn't it be better, to make the free space on top of the site as big as the distance between the 3 mainparts :?:

- The vertical line between the menu and the main content-area shouldn't go to the bottom of the white area. 5 or 10 px free space, like on the smaller white area, and i would say: THAT'S A PERFECT SITE

greatings to Estonia
pepe
rk

Post by rk »

it's not my language :o, but the design is nice.

you seems to have a problem with your counter-pic under the menu.

i think size of images are a little bit large for the first page. visitor must load more than 140 kByte. with a "normal" connection more then 20 seconds :?.
Ralf
Landers

Post by Landers »

Thanks Pepe!

You`re right about the extra space under line between menu & content.
Don`t know how I missed it..
but about the extra space on top...it will not look very nice, well I did give an extra px there:)

Regarding the site beeing too large to download, well I hate file compressions and when it is possible I minimise it. In Estonia, basicly every net user has at least 256kb/sec connections. In offices 1MB is tending to be standard, thats why I dont worry very much for it. Of course dial-up users want to kill guys like me :)

Yes there is a problem with counter-pic, I have`nt figured it out what might be the problem, maybe you have ideas?
rk

Post by rk »

Yes there is a problem with counter-pic, I have`nt figured it out what might be the problem, maybe you have ideas?
It seems to be my problem, because our contentfilter denied the access to zone.ee. So I couldn't see the images. sorry for confusion :-(.
Last edited by rk on Tue 22. Jun 2004, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Ralf
PaRa

Post by PaRa »

I like the site very much i must say!

But i have a question about it... you used a gradient for your background... but when i open a long page i don't see it get repeated nor does it stops or something... how did you do that??
bebernl

Post by bebernl »

PaRa wrote:I like the site very much i must say!

But i have a question about it... you used a gradient for your background... but when i open a long page i don't see it get repeated nor does it stops or something... how did you do that??
Hi PaRa, thats easy... look the size of the picture.

width 126
height 3500

so set the pic as background in the body tag.
So, if someone will browse with a screen resolution higher than 3500 pts :lol: he will see a repeating :wink:

greetings
bebernl
Lars

Post by Lars »

nice site ... i like it ...
in the longest of nights
stir him at your breast
in silence - row him, row him
isac

Post by isac »

I like everything, graphics, pictures, css styles

very good :)
PaRa

Post by PaRa »

bebernl wrote:
PaRa wrote:I like the site very much i must say!

Hi PaRa, thats easy... look the size of the picture.

width 126
height 3500

so set the pic as background in the body tag.
So, if someone will browse with a screen resolution higher than 3500 pts :lol: he will see a repeating :wink:

greetings
bebernl
Ah didn''t see that... thx!

When i opened the pic it looked much smaller... maybe my browser cropped it or something (mac btw)

greetz