New installation problem

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
AlleyKat

New installation problem

Post by AlleyKat »

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_list (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/setup/inc/step5.inc.php on line 26

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/phpwcms_tmp/thumb_preview (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/hotels/.dk/sitename/html/setup/inc/step5.inc.php on line 26

Both folders exist and are 777. Safe_mode on the server is On, Register_globals Off as recommended. PHP 4.3+, latest phpwcms.
Installed in root of site. Above error in step 5 of install, + 'false:not existing' for both folders in 'permissions' list below.

:( Anyone got an idea?
DeXXus

Re: New installation problem

Post by DeXXus »

AlleyKat wrote:Both folders exist and are 777. :( Anyone got an idea?
Is their container ("/phpwcms_tmp") set to 755?
When this is done you have to check access rights for special files and folders.

1) DIR phpwcms_tmp/thumb_list 777
2) DIR phpwcms_tmp/thumb_preview 777
3) DIR phpwcms_ftp 777
4) DIR phpwcms_filestorage/1...10 777
5) DIR content/images 777

6) FILE setup/setup.conf.inc.php 666
7) FILE phpwcms_template/inc_css/frontend.css 666
8) FILE phpwcms_template/inc_default/startup.html 666

All other files listed above can set to 644, directories to 755. Sometimes it can help to set mode to 766 for the following directories: phpwcms_tmp, phpwcms_template, phpwcms_ftptakeover, inc_css, content. If you have further access problems try to set all files and directories to 777 (not recommend).
http://www.phpwcms.de/index.php?id=10,0,0,1,0,0
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

Yep, set to 755. (This is default for FTP made folders, yes?)

Missing on the list above:

9) DIR phpwcms_filestorage 777
10) DIR phpwcms_template 777
11) DIR content 777
12) setup/setup.conf.inc.php 777

I think I got it running now, seems there was some issue with the last build we used - I could get 1 step further, then it'd error out with an erroneous path somewhere. Thanks for the help, DeXXus.