Some different stuff.

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
Harry

Some different stuff.

Post by Harry »

Without reading the other posts in this forum ( theres too many ;) ) i've got a list of stuff:

More advanced user control:
Like different access levels: Some may only write article - not make them public. Other may write and publish articles, but not change other peoples articles etc.

Signup function:
Would be nice if administrator could make everybody able to sign up for user account. Would of course jsut apply them for lowlevel account. In conjunction with the more advanced user control, admin could eventually give them access to write articles, which would have to get confirmed by some user with more access.

Simple mode:
A simple mode for the 'plain' users who's just there to write articles. The system as it is now tends to be a bit confusing for some people.

Disscuss/Comments:
Being able to write comments to articles. The administrator/author shall be able to turn this feature on/off ofcourse.

And some minor stuff:
In Articledatabase it would be nice if the articles was sorted by age by default. Now they seem to be sorted alphabetically. Can only be a minor change in SQL query. :)

But. Still phpWCMS is a really nice system. Keep up the good work!

- Harry
Pappnase

Re: Some different stuff.

Post by Pappnase »

hello poor boy who don't read the whole forum! :wink:

if you look at the project site you found this!*smile*
http://www.phpwcms.de/index.php?id=21,0,0,1,0,0
Harry wrote: Simple mode:
A simple mode for the 'plain' users who's just there to write articles. The system as it is now tends to be a bit confusing for some people.
why you get confusing? in the backend you have 2 users admin and user. so you can create a simple user*smile*
Harry wrote: Disscuss/Comments:
Being able to write comments to articles. The administrator/author shall be able to turn this feature on/off ofcourse.
you have the comments option already included by change the template for the guestbook. i don't know if oliver will include an simple forum part. bbut i alos think there enough forum scripts and the most are simple to implement in phpwcms as iframe or new brwoserwindow* :wink:
pSouper

Re: Some different stuff.

Post by pSouper »

Harry wrote:Without reading the other posts in this forum ( theres too many ;) ) i've got a list of stuff:
- Harry
of course you realise there are a number of reasons that there ARE so many posts in here...
  • these topics have been asked AND answered so many times already
  • becasue you are NOT the only one who likes to post stuff without useing thesearch function first.
please H, I know you have no ill intentions but to many people will help them selves after exhausting all posibiliyy of others helping them first. this is find a very slow (and inclreasingly lonley) road to enlightenment ;)