News MOD installed but....

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
wheat

News MOD installed but....

Post by wheat »

I'm a recent convert of phpwcms, and I've recently did a fresh install of RC4 and I'm attempting to incorporate Frold's News MOD. I believe I had everything installed properly, but I am not seeing where I'm to enter in News items. I'm linking to the correct plain text article where the {PHP:include/inc_module/mod_news/news_mod.php} is inserted. And when I go to view the News article, I do see '1 of 0 items.' with the four small arrows below for navigating the News articles. Obviously, there is 1 of 0 items since I haven't been able to input any News.

Is there an undocumented url I should be aware of to access the News entry form? I seem to recollect when browsing the forums at one point that there was mention of folx just typing in the url instead of providing a hyperlink in the phpwcms interface. That would be fine, but I now cannot find that article again or maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wheat

ps - is there a recommended shopping cart system to work with phpwcms? I'm very familiar with OScommerce, but it seems that it would be somewhat heavy handed for my needs combined with phpwcms.
frold

Re: News MOD installed but....

Post by frold »

wheat wrote:I'm a recent convert of phpwcms, and I've recently did a fresh install of RC4 and I'm attempting to incorporate Frold's News MOD. I believe I had everything installed properly, but I am not seeing where I'm to enter in News items. I'm linking to the correct plain text article where the {PHP:include/inc_module/mod_news/news_mod.php} is inserted. And when I go to view the News article, I do see '1 of 0 items.' with the four small arrows below for navigating the News articles. Obviously, there is 1 of 0 items since I haven't been able to input any News.

Is there an undocumented url I should be aware of to access the News entry form? I seem to recollect when browsing the forums at one point that there was mention of folx just typing in the url instead of providing a hyperlink in the phpwcms interface. That would be fine, but I now cannot find that article again or maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wheat

ps - is there a recommended shopping cart system to work with phpwcms? I'm very familiar with OScommerce, but it seems that it would be somewhat heavy handed for my needs combined with phpwcms.

could you give sent me a PM with a temporary admin login data or sent me a email at fnielsen@REMOVETHISstudmed.dk
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
Pappnase

Re: News MOD installed but....

Post by Pappnase »

hello frold

i tryed to write you but the mail came back!??

fnielsen@REMOVETHIS.dk what did i wrong!? :wink:
frold

Post by frold »

yuo did not follow the installing instructions in the install.txt file!!
#
#-----[ EXTRACT ]------------------------------------------
#

mod_news_x_x.zip to include/inc_module/

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#If you use another prefix then you have to change it your self

CREATE TABLE `rc4_phpwcms_news` (
`news_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`category` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
`title_news` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
`story` text,
`author_name` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (`news_id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

phpwcms.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

include_once ('./include/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php');

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

require_once ('./include/inc_module/mod_news/inc_lang/backend/'.$_SESSION["wcs_user_lang"].'/lang.inc.php');
etc etc etc.....
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
wheat

Post by wheat »

okay I got it workin' now. I made the adjustments before as in your instructions, but the updated files weren't copying to the server. Stupid mistake.

Thanx frold for taking a peek at that!