Migrating Site from one server to another

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
forefront

Migrating Site from one server to another

Post by forefront »

I installed phpWCMS on a spare domain name to show the client it would do what he wanted. He loves it.

Next, I created his existing domain name (hosted on another server currently). I can access it by IP address: http://209.123.203.51/~username/

I had Fantastico install phpWCMS ... I uploaded the corrected conf.php and conf.template_default.inc.php files ... I uploaded the custom images ... I uploaded the complete database structure with phpMyAdmin without any errors.

Now, things seem strange:

The default CSS is missing and I can't cut and paste it from the original install into the new one. I get these errors:

Warning: fopen(/home/forefron/public_html/phpwcms_template/inc_css/frontend.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deckard/public_html/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php on line 718

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/deckard/public_html/include/inc_lib/general.inc.php:718) in /home/deckard/public_html/include/inc_act/act_frontendcss.php on line 37

I don't know where the forefron is coming from, but I suspect it's because both sites (the development domain and the new, not-yet-activated domain) are on the same server and the IP is shared.

Also, some graphics are missing on the homepage. It appears that phpWCMS has lost track of where things are. Will this correct itself when the site path in conf.php is set to the proper domain name and not the IP address and the site is made active and all DNS point to it?
Don Bledsoe
FOREFRONT INTERNET
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

You have to copy ALL custom files: frontend.css is one of these files.

I don't know which version of phpwcms your Fantastico is using - but I will not give ANY support to Fantastico users - sorry. Fantastico is selling my software without giving something back.

Regards
Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
forefront

Post by forefront »

Umm ... they don't sell the software ... it's free. RC2 is the version I installed. Maybe I should dump RC2, download RC4 from here ... and start over.

I can't find frontend.css on the development site.
Don Bledsoe
FOREFRONT INTERNET
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I know - it's not your fault. ;-) But they sell Fantastico - and Fantastico is nothing without all the "free" software...

You should try to update your new install by using the RC4 or better the CVS version on SourceForge.

But you can also make a 1:1 copy of your old install by backup every file.

Oliver
forefront

Post by forefront »

My first goal was to keep from having to do all of the work over again. I guess that's not possible. :cry:

If I have to start over, I'll just upload RC4 from scratch and maybe cut and paste the changes from the original installation into the new one. I guess that would work ... it just takes time.

I have RC4 here.
Don Bledsoe
FOREFRONT INTERNET
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Not neccessary - there are no changes in db - only some additions you can add after you have imported the old db.

Check the forum - it is described multiple times here.

Oliver
derD

Post by derD »

Oliver Georgi wrote: You should try to update your new install by using the RC4 or better the CVS version on SourceForge.
Does Sourceforge always have the latest CVS Version of phpwcms ?

I connect via Tortousie (or something like that :wink: ) and update my lokal copy of phpwcms. But i am not sure if i can just copy the stuff over my current installation of RC4.

Any tipps how I should handle this ?

Thx.
Ich sagte doch: ich geh nie wieder in den Bau.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

You can - it's always the most current.

Before update: Backup files and database :!:

Oliver
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

ok, what is fantastico? they sound like Feckers for sure.
do they have a link?
derD

Post by derD »

hm. just googled for it, perhaps this one:

Fantastico
Ich sagte doch: ich geh nie wieder in den Bau.
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

..and these guys encode phpwcms then sell it ??
AND no mention of phpwcms anywhere?? (although this will not help them in court)

they make a lot of claims about thier app too, all this is phpwcms? ARGGGGG.

please tell me this is an april fools joke!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Fantastico is a software package for Cpanel control panel software and is something like an installer for multiple GPL applications like phpBB, phpwcms and so on...

And Fantastico is selled to hosting companies.

Oliver
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

how much do hitmen cost these days? it's been a long time since i felt the need for one :)
forefront

Post by forefront »

Getting back to my problem ...

It appears that it's virtually impossible to install phpWCMS on an inactive domain by using the IP address, especially in a shared hosting environment because PHPWCMS_ROOT on line 131 in include/inc_conf/conf.pagelayout.inc.php uses it to create a path to this file. It appears to be picking up the primary IP's username (in this case the webhost's account). Although the $SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] has been specified, it is not used here to create a correct path to the file. The result is basically a "file not found" error ...

Warning: main(/home/forefron/public_html/include/inc_conf/conf.pagelayout.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deckard/public_html/include/inc_front/content.func.inc.php on line 131

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/forefron/public_html/include/inc_conf/conf.pagelayout.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/deckard/public_html/include/inc_front/content.func.inc.php on line 131

I don't know how to work around this problem, except to go live on the site, wait for DNS propagation and then configure the site while everyone watches. It seems like there should be a better way or maybe I'm not very good at this.
Don Bledsoe
FOREFRONT INTERNET