Internal Server Error

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
realdee

Internal Server Error

Post by realdee »

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem with phpwcms, but I can't get the initial installation process to work. Everytime I vist /setup/index.php. It gives me a '500 Internal Server Error' message. I know someone has posted a similar issue, but the server error log gave me no joy. If anyone has some advice that would be great.
Thanks a lot :D
juergen

Re: Internal Server Error

Post by juergen »

realdee wrote: Everytime I vist /setup/index.php. It gives me a '500 Internal Server Error' message.
User - Error :D

Try /setup/setup.php :lol:
realdee

Post by realdee »

Yeah i've tried that path. Exact same error message. Thanks anyway
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hmm, ok

do you have any possibility to look into the error Log of the server ?

Me should have known that a 500 is not a 404 :oops: :wink:
realdee

Server Error Log

Post by realdee »

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie to all this stuff. Can you please explain how Server Error Logs will provide the magic answer to the problem?
Thanks
juergen

Post by juergen »

Yes..

as you told us, you'll have a Server Error. Therefore some further information to the Error are stored into this Logfile. If you have, it will point out the problem (mostly)
realdee

Internal Server Error

Post by realdee »

The Error Message I'm getting is: [Sat Feb 21 14:34:44 2009] [error] [client 00.000.000.000] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "/home/domain/public_html/phpwcms/setup/index.php" is writeable by group. Ip address is changed, and domain obviously. Has anyone else using phpwcms ever had this error before. If you have a solution would be terrific. :D