How to use glossary module? Pls. help.

Get help with installation and running official modules for phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
lburgess17

How to use glossary module? Pls. help.

Post by lburgess17 »

I have updated to 1.3.9 and would like to implement the glossary module into my site.

But, I don't know how to use it. I have tried adding glossary entries under Module/Glossary/Create glossary item but they dont show up.

I have tried adding a glossary-plugin content part in hopes that it would display the glossary items i had entered under module/glossary, but all that shows up on my page is:

$GLOBALS['block']['custom_htmlhead']['mootools,js'] = ''; $GLOBALS['block']['custom_htmlhead']['glossary.js'] = '';
A B E L O

What am i missing? is there something else that needs to be installed or a template that I need to create? I have searched the forum for any tutorial but can not find anything. if there is anyone out there who is successfully using the glossary in their site that could help me get mine up and running, it would be greatly appreciated! Any examples would be very helpful too.

thanks,

lisa
flip-flop

Re: How to use glossary module? Pls. help.

Post by flip-flop »

Update:
- Have you compare the conf.inc.php with the dist.conf.inc.php?
- Set

Code: Select all

$phpwcms['allow_cntPHP_rt']   = 1; //allow PHP replacement tags and includes in content parts
- The upper five lines of your sample temple:

Code: Select all

<!--GLOSSARY_LIST_HEAD_START//-->
[PHP]
	$GLOBALS['block']['custom_htmlhead']['mootools,js'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="template/inc_js/mootools/mootools.js"></script>';
	$GLOBALS['block']['custom_htmlhead']['glossary.js'] = '<script type="text/javascript" src="include/inc_module/mod_glossary/template/glossary.js"></script>';
[/PHP] 
(Make a copy of this template and enhance to your wishes).

- Important: Don´t change/kill comments like "<!--GLOSSARY_LIST_HEAD_START//-->"

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
lburgess17

Re: How to use glossary module? Pls. help.

Post by lburgess17 »

I had another wcms installation 1.3.3 and have tried to use the glossary module and can't get any of my glossary entries to save to the database.

i get a screen that allows me to add a glossary item but when i click on "Save", nothing is saved. I have checked my MySQL database and there is nothing there even though I did make entries.

also, when i go to Modules/Glossary in the wcms backend, there is no listing of the glossary entries that I made.

any help on this is GREATLY APPRECIATED.