What language is phpWCMS supposed to be?

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
colech

What language is phpWCMS supposed to be?

Post by colech »

I have no say over the outcome of this. However I implore you... what language is default for phpWCMS? I abolutely love this CMS and have started a number of my friends using it now. My concern at the growing amount of German in the program comments and headings of major directories is raising with each new release candidate. Spanish is the second language here in the US and that doesn't help me out much on this one :wink: . I'm just curious if this is going to drift into a primarily German speaking CMS. I don't mind have German here and there. But when it gets to the point of hampering my ability to use it effectively I would be left with no other choice. Question? Comments? Answers?
while !sleeping {
work_on(phpwcms);
}
// Check out our web development company!
// "Your business has character... don't hide it!"
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

as this cms is written German and predominently supported by Germans I would expect German to feature heavily in the comments of both the code and the support forum nad am so very supprised and greatfull that english features at all. Many of the posts within this forum are written in the authors second language so as to be understood, help and be helped by as wider populous as possible, very immpressivly too :).
I am not entirely sure why you would consider using a differnent cms just bacause the code is commented in german considering that it is PHP doing all the work ;) If you understand PHP well enough you can change it, if not you probably would want to be messing in the code at all.

In short.. It is what it is, it isn't what it isn't and you can like it or leave it...

Babelfish/google should help you with the comments.
Last edited by pSouper on Fri 7. May 2004, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hi,

it's correct - a lot of the "old" comments are in German only. Sorry.

But all updated stuff is in English only (99,99999%).

Default language is English. So it isn't drifting to German ;-)

But I'm a German and I live in Germany.

Regards
Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
colech

Post by colech »

Thankyou Oliver for being understanding and reading into my question. I didn't mean this negative comment at all. Just curious for my own time investment purposes. Thanks for taking the time to reply Oliver.... and by the way--I love the new {TOP_NAV} tag. Saved me quite a bit of time.
while !sleeping {
work_on(phpwcms);
}
// Check out our web development company!
// "Your business has character... don't hide it!"
cfphpwcms

Language

Post by cfphpwcms »

Hi, I'm a US user of phpwcms just getting started and after looking for so long I'm getting excited about phpwcms. I also speak some German and can at least understand the comments and banter here. The folks here do just fine in English but if it ever comes to it, I'd be happy to help out with any translations. From what I've seen you probably won't need me for that though.

Chick Foxgrover, Brooklyn
--------------------------
Chick Foxgrover
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

:D
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон