More New User Questions

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
eglwolf

More New User Questions

Post by eglwolf »

I really love how easy this app is to use, it is by far the easiest I have seen, and the most flexible.

I do need some information on some things.

1) What does the cut article feature do?

2) What does the cut structure level do?

3) I notice that after I enter an article, there is another page showing this and at the bottom there are many different options. Is there documentation of what each feature is for and how to use it? That looks very interesting to me and I want to realy get into using these things.
Pappnase

Re: More New User Questions

Post by Pappnase »

eglwolf wrote: I do need some information on some things.

1) What does the cut article feature do?

2) What does the cut structure level do?
hello
what did you mean!???
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

If I click those in the site structure menu or the article menu, what exactly do those features do?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

sorry but i never seen "cut" articles oder site structure items. in whole time i use phpwcms.
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

Login to the admin
click Admin
Then under site structure you see your list of "categories" the icon with the X in it if you mouse over it say "cut structure level"

Same thing under the article menu.

What is this for and what does it do?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

ola

that is no x that is an scissor and it's the same cut an paste!
did you understand!?*smile*

you can cut an structure/article and paste it in a place you want!
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Dah...

Now I get it, I was wondering about this how to move articles around.. thanks for the explaination.

Now for the explaination of the different articel types.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

eglwolf wrote:Now for the explaination of the different articel types.
are the content types niot selfexplained!?
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

Well I am new to using this type of system (as you can tell) and I was hoping that there was some documentation on this somewhere, like there is for the templates etc..

I guess that the article would be the content you want on that page, then the add content parts would be additional "features" you want on that page, like built in functionality. So you could write and article, then at the bottom of that page have an email form they can contact you with?? Is that how it works?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

yes you're right!!!
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

I guess I just need to play more with this. The documentation on the site for installs ect is great. Just didn;t know if there was other resources for english tutorials etc..
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

yes i think you need to do! have you take a look in the tutorial part of this forum?! but if you use the search funktion you will find a lot of problems you have! and if not ask we all would help so fast and good as possible!!
eglwolf

Post by eglwolf »

Do you mean the forums with 4 posts in it under unoffical tutorials and documentation, yeah I looked at that. I will just post and search.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

yes thats what i mean!
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

eglwolf wrote:Do you mean the forums with 4 posts in it under unoffical tutorials and documentation, yeah I looked at that. I will just post and search.
No, first search. Then post. :mrgreen: