cannot load rss from external page

Get help with installation and running phpwcms here. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.
update

cannot load rss from external page

Post by update »

Hi all,
some days ago I tried to include an rss feed from baulinks de but didn't succeed (the only failure so far)
I did a little testing and validation of their feed(s) and it turned out that these feeds are the only ones which show this specific error:
This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

*Your feed appears to be encoded as "ISO-8859-1", but your server is reporting "US-ASCII"
Any other feed I've tried for testing has more errors or warnings but this is the only one with this specific hint and it is not importable
Does anybody know more about this? Or is it a failure not related to phpwcms?

EDIT: If somebody wants to test this one also, here is the link:
http://www.baulinks.de/xml/dachisolierung.xml
oder vielleicht auch
http://www.baulinks.de/webplugin/baulinks.xml
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
update

Re: cannot load rss from external page

Post by update »

nobody any idea yet or some test result?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
sustia

Post by sustia »

Hi claus, no seems that it doesn't work.
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!
update

Post by update »

Thanks! You tried it and it did not work? Then it is really related to the different encodings (rss / server) Hmmm! :cry:
sustia

Post by sustia »

claus wrote:Thanks! You tried it and it did not work? Then it is really related to the different encodings (rss / server) Hmmm! :cry:
Yes, doesn't work, like you can see in this page :wink:

http://noria.ba.cnr.it/index.php?id=53,251,0,0,1,0
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!
update

Post by update »

Thanks for your efforts :) I've seen it at your page which is proving it now. So it is
1. fault of the site which is delivering the rss (and the server config) (and not mine ;) )
2. perhaps phpwcms could handle it anyway with some adaption :?:
(btw I've never seen such an "error" before)
sustia

Post by sustia »

You're welocome :)
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!