mod_blogs not saving entries

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
kacurtis

mod_blogs not saving entries

Post by kacurtis »

I've been trying to get the blog to work since I changed servers about a month ago. What happens is if I add an entry, sometimes it isn't saved, though I get the message that it is. At first I thought it was because I was using an older version of phpwcms along with the 06 blog version, but I just got through updating and the problem hasn't been fixed. I'm using the 07 blog version and I've updated to the latest version of phpwcms. Usually when I add a few lines it will save fine, it's just when I add about a paragraph of text is when it isn't saved.

any ideas?
juergen

Re: mod_blogs not saving entries

Post by juergen »

Oh, so perhaps you PM me the Site .. just to see if Entries are to long or what ?
kacurtis

Re: mod_blogs not saving entries

Post by kacurtis »

I tracked down one problem. It's with your version and ionrock's when I have an apostrophe ( ' ) it won't save, though I get the notice that it was saved successfully. It will save if I use (\'\) but it removes the backslashes so if I want to edit the entry I have to go back and put them in again. With the 06 version it worked fine on my other server, so I don't know what's going on with this server.

Another thing that I found was specifically with your version, and must have been something that I did on installation... I'm getting " Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/removed/public_html/include/inc_module/mod_blogs/inc_tmpl/editblog.tmpl.php on line 120
> admin" when I look at the owner of the blog.

If you want my login info I'll pm it to you...

Thanks for working on the blog, without your version I wouldn't be able update phpwcms, since I rely on the blog for nearly all my content.