HELP !!! {TEASER_EX} drives me crazy.... shows nothing!!!

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
lady_witchcraft

HELP !!! {TEASER_EX} drives me crazy.... shows nothing!!!

Post by lady_witchcraft »

---- sorry, postet this thread twice - but here i think, it's at the right place and i hope i'll get an answer from the phpwcms gods soon :lol: ----

found this RT - big thank to erich!!!!! for his work - after searching several days to find a solution for my new portfolio... BUT *damned* i can't get the mod runnig, and i absolutely clueless, what's the problem!!! 'cause the RT shows absolutely nothing...

can anyone help me PLEASE :oops:
http://www.kultschmiede.org/05portfolio/index.php?print

this is my new projekt, where i really like to use the teaser_ex RT to navigate through the samples... should be shown in the lower white box... the {CONTENT} RT in the bigger white box (right side) shows exactly what should be displayed in dhe lower white box to navigate through... any clue, what the RT teaser_ex shows nothing???

the RT ist placed in the page-template for this site (index.php?print) in the lower box - the code looks like:

Code: Select all

{TEASER_EX:print|-1:-1: |DESC:0: | :10: :default:2: :0:0:45:1:horz} 
the simple menue structure looks like (only 1 level, maybe i'll need a second in each category for the teaser...):

HOME
  • * print (containing the 3 articles with image + summary - shown by content RT in the bigger box - there is another testing category named nav_print with the copied artikles from print, but both doesn't work!!!)
    * web
    * media
    * bio
and the needed file IS in the frontend_render
and RT support IS enabled
and i'm using the newest version of the mod and phpwcms (downloaded and installed today)
and i really got no clue or idea, what i am doing wrong - please help me!!!

i think the apache, sql and other versions should fit the requirements /phpwcms 1.2.5 /teaser_ex 1.7/MySQL - 4.0.24_Debian-4.dotdeb.0-log/Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.2

the only thing which is written in the source code is
<!-- START TEASER TABLE HORIZONTAL -->
<table id="teaserTable"></table>
<!-- END TEASER TABLE -->"

nothing more, nothing left, but it should show the article images linking to the articles (template: thumb.tmpl is in use..)
this template contains only the image tag and the article link... is this the fault??? does the RT needs more? i've seen on the sample page http://www.fitmess.com/index.php?id=7,0,0,1,0,0 how the RT could work, and i need exactly the same for my portfolio, just the pics should be horzontally aligned, not vertically... does anybody knows the "father of this page" and maybe he/she could help me?!?!?!?

has anybody a big heart and could help a dummie like me to find the solution? :oops:

thx in advance!!! sunny greets from vienna - claudia

P.S: no i won't use flash instead of the phpwcms to solv my prob :P
... it's not bad luck, it's a bug ...
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi claudia,
sorry, postet this thread twice - but here i think, it's at the right place and i hope i'll get an answer from the phpwcms gods soon
Why you do so (three times post like a spammer)?
It isn´t helpful for other interested people.

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
lady_witchcraft

i'm really sorry knut but i'm extremly frustrated and need help :oops: thought commenting more than 1 threads about teaser_ex increase my chance to get an answer or help... SORRY!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

i'm really sorry knut but i'm extremly frustrated and need help....
Please keep cool. The most people here need help.
For my person I can´t help you. I haven´t used this fantastic mod.
What version did you have installed?

And have a look: http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71256#71256

Knut
lady_witchcraft

@ flip-flop / knut: i kept cool, but now im melting :lol:

thx for your hint, but i've already get in touch with the "father" of the fitness page, maybe he'll have some good tipps to solv my prob. at the moment erich and cyrano try to find the solution in the backend - so you're right, i try to keep cool again, 'caus the phpwcms-knights are live in action :lol: so i can cool down...

by the way, you can find all version numbers in the thread - i've downloaded & installed phpwcms 1.2.5 yesterday....

again sorry for bothering you and the other help-needers with my numberous posts!!!!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

1.2.5 => 1.2.6 is the better one.

Next time the teaser will be running in 1.2.8 I hope.
lady_witchcraft

@ flip-flop: but where can i get the 1.2.6 version? under phpwcms.de only the version i've downloaded (1.2.5) is available.... is it possible to get the newest version 1.2.8 jet???

thx for your support anyway :lol:
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

yes, 1.2.8 is announced in Announcements here in Forum
http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11933
Gruß/ regards cyrano
--------------------------------------------------------
templates -> http://www.128.weitzelmedia.de
planepix -> http://www.planepix.de
XING -> https://www.xing.com/profile/Thomas_Weitzel3
tinoo

Post by tinoo »

lady_witchcraft wrote:but where can i get the 1.2.6 version?
Try it from phpwcms.sourceforge.net
Greetz, tinoo
lady_witchcraft

thx a lot cyrano, i'm in your debt!!!! downloaded the stuff and will setup the newest version, maybe the RT will work then.... let's see... takes some time....
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

lady_witchcraft

SOLVED

however, teaser_ex works fine now - BIG THX ZU ERICH & CYRANO for their support and time!!!!

funny that no one knows, what is or was the fault :D :D after a few hours erich wrote, that it is working now, but we've got no clue WHY!!! :D :D maybe little gremlins were working against the script to steal us more time....

meanwhile & caused by the troubles with 1.2.5 i've installed (thx cyrano for the hint & the link!!!) the newest phpwcms version 1.2.8 and everything works extra fine and i'll keept the 1.2.8 version to work on....

so i recommend every person who has probs with the teaser_ex RT with the older version of phpwcms to upgrade to 1.2.8 :wink:

THANKS to you guys, for your support and time!!!!

sunny greetings from vienna - claudia :wink: