trying to create a fixed info column

If you've problems with unsupported - non official ;-) - functionalities use this forum please.
ruediger

trying to create a fixed info column

Post by ruediger »

hi, after searching a while, i found the {SHOW_CONTENT} replacement-tag
as a kind of solution to create a fixed info colum content to show a specific content-part ID.
but its not working (php-errors while reading the given front-render show_content.php) and,
as far as i can see, its not the appropriate r-tag for me.
my wished content on the left side of my page should not change in any way while a user is choosing some content in my navigation or in my middle content-column.
on the left, i would like to have a list of >schlagtext< ( preview of articel with image) - like what is usually rendered when rising the amount of top-articles of a site level.

actually, i would like to have a second site-level, thats independent from the rest.

can anyone help?
fopulu

Post by fopulu »

ruediger

oh,

Post by ruediger »

tried this tag already, but it does'nt seem to work. i put the code from the teaser_ex generator into my frontend-setup template (left). is this the right place?
the problem ist, that i need a separate >news< category within my site structure, that isnt shown in my main navigation, but permanently on the left side of my site. do i need to make this category invisble, so only the teaser_ex will render the articles i want and in the place i want?

here is the code to take three articles from my news-category:

{TEASER_EX:news|3:-1:default|ASC:0::1::default:-1::0:0::0:vert}

thanks, ruediger
ruediger

Post by ruediger »

... and the reptag_teaser_ex.php is in the frontend_render folder...
ruediger

Post by ruediger »

... and i got MySQL 4.x.x and phpwcms ver >= 1.2.x DEV!
ruediger

Post by ruediger »

other possible mistakes eliminated:

.. top article count is set to 3

and

$phpwcms["allow_ext_render"] = 1;

so what wrong?

ruediger
erich_k4

Re: oh,

Post by erich_k4 »

i put the code from the teaser_ex generator into my frontend-setup template (left). is this the right place?
No, it's not the right place!
-> in your template in the left-section you have to put {LEFT}
-> create a new article
-> create e.g. a contenpart "plain text" for this new article and set the "display"-field to "left (LEFT)" from the dropdown box. :!:
-> put the teaser_ex tag in the "plain text"-box
do i need to make this category invisble, so only the teaser_ex will render the articles i want and in the place i want?
yes
Erich
ruediger

Post by ruediger »

thanks, >genosse< erich, now teaser_ex is working, but the stuff i would like to show on the left side should be permanent.
in the way you described it, the content only appears, when the category is chosen, in which the article/and the content part with the rep.tag are.

and i still dont know, which invisible button to uncheck- the articles name, which is a must, is to be seen in the middle column (content).

it all makes no sense to me to send my content in that indirect way to the left side.

before using phpwcms, i had only php and mysql, an i made several tables within the database, which i could display independendly.

still need help, thanks, ruediger