mygallery mod

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
sparks

Post by sparks »

hi. I installed this MOD and among other errors that I get (which i hope to fix soon), the new module doesn't appear the right way in the backend:

Any ideas?

Plus, I don't know what "path to script" and "Image directory path" refer to in configuration area.

Plus, when trying to create a new gallery, I get this error message:
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/strepsas/domains/sanpaulija.lt/public_html/include/inc_module/mygallery/inc_act/add.album.php on line 9
Couldn't create a new folder (check permissions!)
Images folder's permissions are set to 777, PHP "Safe mode=Off"

ghmmm...

Any ideas?
wwww

Post by wwww »

I had a similar problem yesterday...

Check in the images folder if there is a folder called "1". If you find that folder, delete it and it will work.
sparks

Post by sparks »

it starts working little by little, though now we get the albums list (gallery content), but can't get inside those albums.

working on it :)
wwww

Re: another database error

Post by wwww »

May I draw some attention to this problem again.

wwww wrote:Hi,

I got another database error when trying to install this (great) script:

In my case the tables were not installed automatically neither. However, when trying to execute the query from page 3 of this script, I get an error message from phpmyadmin:

Code: Select all

Error

SQL query:

$create_albums_sql = " CREATE TABLE `".$GLOBALS[ 'tables'][ 'gal_albums']. "` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `album_order` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `title` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '', `description` text, `pic_count` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) )" 

This is the error message when that I get when trying to add a new gallery:

Error: 1146: Table 'wwwinfo_phpwcms.phpwcms_gal_albums' doesn't existINSERT INTO `phpwcms_gal_albums` (id,album_order,title,description,pic_count) VALUES ('1','1','test','psdlkf','0')

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help

:)
agemmell

Post by agemmell »

Hi,

I managed to install the mod okay although I had to comment out fmod() and create the tables manually before it worked - thanks to all those who went before me so I learnt from you!

I haven't tested it yet because the first thing I noticed is that my site is not working properly! I added the {SHOW_CONTENT:id} mod to phpwcms last week and it all worked fine but now, after installing the MyGallery mod, the SHOW_CONTENT mod doesn't seem to be working.

E.g.

The webpage displays: "{SHOW_CONTENT:4}" when it should be displaying the actual text stored in that content part!

For some reason it seems the MyGallery mod and the SHOW_CONTENT mod don't work well together!

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? I will try and identify the problem myself but ti may take time...
agemmell

Post by agemmell »

Oops. My bad.

:oops:

I overwrote my content.func.inc.php file with an old one which didn't include the SHOW_CONTENT function so no wonder it didn't work!

On the plus side I did so much deleting/tweaking/re-installing that I now know phpwcms, SHOW_CONTENT, GT and Gallery mods a LOT better!
frenzal

Post by frenzal »

Hi, i'm quite new to phpwcms and have been doing some research for an image gallery, from what I can tell this is the only real mod available for phpwcms that allows you to have a gallery

I installed it all ok, but it wasn't possible to upload zip files is this a future feature or am i missing a component on the server to process zip files?

I also noticed a bug which I don't beleive seeing in this topic, I created an album with 3 pictures and deleted the first picture
On the gallery page on my site it still tried to show the first image (nr 1) and not the first actual image.
baetmaen

Post by baetmaen »

Hi,

is installed this gallery mod successfully (after reading the whole thread :) ).

I'm able to see the overview of the albums that are available (You can see it here: http://www.kinsteerer.de/index.php?id=16,0,0,1,0,0 )

But when I click on the gallery itself to open it, it takes me to the start page of my webpresence.

I'm new to phpwcms, but I can't find any mistake I might have made :(

Any hints ?

Best Regards
Joerg

PS: Are there any news about the zip feature ? I don't want to upload 300+ images one by one :oops:
frenzal

Post by frenzal »

hi, the article 16,0,0,1,0,0 where you have your gallery on should get the alias id "gallery". If that aliasid doesnt exist you'll end up on your index page
baetmaen

Post by baetmaen »

frenzal wrote:hi, the article 16,0,0,1,0,0 where you have your gallery on should get the alias id "gallery". If that aliasid doesnt exist you'll end up on your index page
I did that a minute ago:

But it still doesn't work :( It send me to the homepage. Is this the right place ?

EDIT: Sorry I just saw that it is not saving the Alias-ID when I insert gallery there. So I think I probably understood you wrong ?
macmukka

structure!

Post by macmukka »

change the alias in the structure

ie. Admin > Site Structure then edit each part and change the alias!

I now have the mod working. after much trial and error!! but it is very good.

The only problem I have is once I am in an album if I hover over an image it displays this link:-

http://localhost/index.php?gallery&albu ... md=noslide

but does nothing! it just links to localhost? Any ideas?

The slideshow function doesn't seem to work either....
baetmaen

Re: structure!

Post by baetmaen »

macmukka wrote:change the alias in the structure

ie. Admin > Site Structure then edit each part and change the alias!

I now have the mod working. after much trial and error!! but it is very good.

The only problem I have is once I am in an album if I hover over an image it displays this link:-

http://localhost/index.php?gallery&albu ... md=noslide

but does nothing! it just links to localhost? Any ideas?

The slideshow function doesn't seem to work either....
Hi, that's what I tried afterwards, but it is still not working (I'm sure that this is my mistake :( ) Can somebody give me a hint what is wrong here:

Thanks
Joerg
hans_

Post by hans_ »

just installed mygallery successful... but now i don't get a basic thing about working with it! how do i solve following prob: i don't want to show gallery overview or album overview, only the first big (no thumbs) image of a specific album (as a link to the next img of that album)! so, i want to use mygallery as a tool to provide image sequences on different subpages of my site.

any ideas?
Darkmatter

Post by Darkmatter »

scraper wrote:Hi Lumimies,

The error message is with the fmod function. Open the file
mygallery/inc_lib/main.functions.php
In the beginning of the file you will see the block

function fmod($x,$y){
    $i = floor($x/$y);
    return $x - $i*$y;
}
Just remove this code or comment it. this will solve the error.

This will probably solve the problem in the backend as well. Just let me know if it didn't.
I've successfully fixed the problem with the site error however clicking the "Gallery Module" link in Modules does nothing at all. I've followed all instructions religiously.

Help?

Thank you.
grantdutoit

mygallery update

Post by grantdutoit »

hi,

with all the bugs been found and rectified, has the final version been posted on the net? if so can the link please be placed on this thread. any other bitz to work with would be appreciated.

Muchos gracias,
Grant