ExData Module v2.8.0 - Tables, Lists and more…

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
marcus@localhorst

Post by marcus@localhorst »

Holla, it's me again (because I'm boxing around with your mod ;-))
How do I setup the detailview in private templates?

my listing Entry template looks like this:

Code: Select all

<!-- ul list template -->
<!--start_cut1-->
<li>{EF1}</li>
<!--end_cut1-->
but I think there must be some linking/forms stuff around {EF1} to set the link to detail view.
maybe that is only possible in AutoTemplate?

[EDIT]
I've noticed, that you use the hidden form stuff in autoTemplate - for detailview, using the exData filtermechanism to display the detail, but how to adapt this for PrivateTemplate?!
[/EDIT]

thanks for a hint.
best marcus
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

Detailvierw is only possible in AutoTemplates!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch
marcus@localhorst

Detailview for Private Templates in ex_data

Ho,
I've setup a simple detailview for private templates - take a look here:
http://tinyurl.com/3cw9os

I use thickbox for displaying content for the moment. The "problem" is, I've preload the whole list and hide the details via display:none; and display them in thickbox.

how this work? (phpwcms 1.3.0 + ex_data v2.7.0)
First I need an ID for each record. But IDs are not provided as Replacement Tag so I setup my own:
goto line 1005 in include/inc_module/mod_exdata/inc_lib/exdata.classes.frontend.php and add after:

//when field is empty don't show the titlefield
             if ($row_num[$i]['field'.$j.''] and $row_num[$i]['field'.$j.'']!="|") { //| when empty articlelink
              $event = str_replace("{TF".$j."}", $fieldname['field'.$j.''], $event);
this Line:

$event = str_replace("{ID}",  $row_num[$i]['id'], $event); //IDREPLACER
then setup in Private Template a [main-template] like this:

<h3>{EXD_HEAD}</h3>
<ol>
{EXD_ITEMS}
</ol>
then setup in Private Template a [entry-template] like this:

<!-- ul list template -->
<li>
<a href="#TB_inline?height=360&width=430&inlineId=id_{ID}" class="thickbox">{EF1}</a><!--start_cut2--> - {EF2}<!--end_cut2-->
<div id="id_{ID}" style="display:none">
<h4>{EF1}</h4>

<div style="float:left;">{EF3}</div>
<div style="margin:0  0 0 155px;">
{EF4}<br />{EF2}<br />
{EF5}<br />
{EF6}
</div>
</div>
</li>
include the Thickbox scripts (+ jquery library) in your phpwcms template (I would suggest to put it in the template/inc_app/thickbox folder.
If you running different Ajax applications you should know which library is where loaded!

thats all.
maybe someone has an better idea (maybe without load the whole content of the list. just call and included via php. if you know what I mean - like the classic article link "more..." in phpwcms article listing.)

hope that helps.
best marcus
[/code]
2xS

Post by 2xS »

Hi breitsch,

thank you for new version.
I updated to 2.70 under phpwcms 1.2.8 and found the following bugs:

- search function only searches in first field: I have activated first two fields for search - but I never get a result if I enter a keyword which only appears in field two
- if search results in "no entries" the statitics says: "Hits 1 (xxx)" - "Hits 0 (xxx)" would be better?!
- wrong version in help-system: footer still says "ExData MODULE 2.65"

I changed the table names as follows, because I want tables named like "phpwcms_mod_exd_entries":

$prefix = "phpwcms_mod_"; //change this to your needs!
$tables['exd_entries']	= $prefix . "exd_entries";
$tables['exd_categories'] = $prefix . "exd_categories";
But now ExData believes that it's not installed correctly because in "main.inc.php" it's looking for tables like "%phpwcms_exd_entries". Wouldn't it be enough to look for "%_exd_entries"? For now i changed the lines in "main.inc.php" and everything is okay.

Cheers, 2xS
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

2xS wrote:- search function only searches in first field: I have activated first two fields for search - but I never get a result if I enter a keyword which only appears in field two
- if search results in "no entries" the statitics says: "Hits 1 (xxx)" - "Hits 0 (xxx)" would be better?!
- wrong version in help-system: footer still says "ExData MODULE 2.65"
Hi 2xS
Thanks for your comments.
In all my Installations the search function acts correctly, only for the fields I've activated, and it looks in all of them. Could you please PM me some more details, such as contenttype, visibility status, content in the fields and your searchword(s) so I can simulate your problem in one of my lists.

The 'Hits 1' when no entries found is really a bug, I'll correct this in future releases.

The Held-System actually is the same for all ExData Versions. So I should probably delete the version number there.

Your databasetable problem is kind of homemade. I do not see that as a bug!
because it's important!
breitsch
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

Reason for the search problem, mentioned by 2xS above:

When you use the 'show only 1 field' option, the search-function does search in this field only. Keep this in mind when using this option.

It's better - and was the solution for 2xS - to set all but one fields to invisible so only this one field is shown in frontend, then the search function acts as expected and according to the settings for the category.
because it's important!
breitsch
ddubach

Post by ddubach »

hallo

gibt es die möglichkeit einträge unter den kategorieren zu verschieben. z.b. brachbar bei events. eintag in next events und wenn der anlass vorbei ist nach past events zu verschieben oder so??

danke für eure infos

/dub
marcus@localhorst

hai,

I remember I've read somewhere somrthings about making exdata content searchable with phpwcms internal seach - but where and how I can solve this?
I thought first I could try out the cachingfunction of phpwcms, but it is not searchable ?!
does someone know something more?
thanks
marcus
Ati

Post by Ati »

Have somebody allready tried to implent the hack in 1.3.2.1 ?

Best regards!
"Seien wir realistisch - versuchen wir das Unmögliche" (Chè Guevara)
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

marcus@localhorst wrote:making exdata content searchable with phpwcms internal seach - but where and how I can solve this?
Only <1.3 and it points you to the article where the ExData-RT is, so if you use pagination in ExData it will show the 1st page even if the searchword is found in following pages. (see install-readme)

>= 1.3.0 the search-function-file changed and I did not adapt it.
because it's important!
breitsch
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

ddubach wrote:gibt es die möglichkeit einträge unter den kategorieren zu verschieben. z.b. brachbar bei events. eintag in next events und wenn der anlass vorbei ist nach past events zu verschieben oder so??
im Moment nicht möglich, nehme das in meine todo-Liste auf.
because it's important!
breitsch
Xdream

Post by Xdream »

hello,

i try to install v2.70 in phpwcms 1.3.0. i have edit all files that you have say in readme_install_v270_for_130.txt. But if i look to the backend under module the ExData Module link is there. i click on the link an i see a clear site. no install link, no content. can you help?
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

@Xdream

Please PM me your phpwcms.php, you most likely missed something there.
because it's important!
breitsch
novallis

Post by novallis »

Hallo,

(@breitsch)

Ich bin grade dabei Deinen großartigen Exdata-Mod für meine Bedürfnisse als Eventliste in ein Projekt einzubinden.

Hierzu habe ich folgende Fragen:

1.) Wo kann man die Breite für das "Suche-Feld" anpassen/vergrößern?
2.) Bei der Ausgabe der Liste per Autotemplate-Funkion möchte ich in der Tabellenansicht Feldnamen weglassen. Wo kann ich die Ausgabe der Liste anpassen (ich habe bisher nicht das richtige Template gefunden)?
3.) Wenn ich einen Filter setze wird in der Liste immer das Wort "Filter" über der Ausgabe angezeigt. Wo kann ich das abstellen?

Sofern die Einbindung in das Projekt gelingt, werde ich Dich auch gerne "donaten".

Danke für diese geniale Erweiterung und Deine Unterstützung.

Grüße
- Ralf
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

novallis wrote:1.) Wo kann man die Breite für das "Suche-Feld" anpassen/vergrößern?
add to the css-file:
#exd_search .exd_txt{
width:80px;/*here your width for the search textfield*/
}
novallis wrote:2.) Bei der Ausgabe der Liste per Autotemplate-Funkion möchte ich in der Tabellenansicht Feldnamen weglassen. Wo kann ich die Ausgabe der Liste anpassen (ich habe bisher nicht das richtige Template gefunden)?
Templates - Edit - Feldtitel
novallis wrote:3.) Wenn ich einen Filter setze wird in der Liste immer das Wort "Filter" über der Ausgabe angezeigt. Wo kann ich das abstellen?
Kategorien - RT - AutoTemplates - Template auswählen - Filter:
1. Filter: Text (hier kommt der Text hin der vor dem DropDown erscheint)
because it's important!
breitsch