CSS Dropdown Menu

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
brans

CSS Dropdown Menu

Post by brans »

Last edited by brans on Mon 29. Nov 2004, 13:46, edited 13 times in total.
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello brans

wow, good job! :lol:
brans

Post by brans »

its almost everything OG's work :) I'm just glad that I got it working ;-)
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

hi Brans & OG, nice menu but.. ould it be possible to consider a time delay on the menu disapearing? the reason for this is that navigating down number of sub levels is hard without to do without dropping off the menu from time to time (especially using a laptop touchpad ;) )
I would like to a see a 0.5/1 second delay after leaving the menu before it closes enabling time to get back on the menu and continue the navigation.

i hope you understand my long reason ;)
brans

Post by brans »

brans wrote: I think that I will enhance the menu in the coming days
thats one of the things that I wanted to enhance :-)
rookie

Post by rookie »

Very cool! Love it! :D
Ben

semi transparent style

Post by Ben »

Here's some code to make the menus semi-transparent (I'm not sure if this will work in all browsers, though):

Code: Select all

.translucentMenu {
	filter: Alpha(Opacity=50);
}
Has anyone tried implementing a dynamic version of ypSlideOutMenus, as you'll see at my site? You may want to look at this http://youngpup.net/2004/transmenus as a basis for some dhtml dropdowns.
Last edited by Ben on Tue 15. Aug 2006, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
brans

Post by brans »

ouhm thanks for the hint but I was always looking for a solution that uses the less JS possible... for example in FF Browser my slideout menu works without any JS in the core site's code only IE uses body onload :(

and another point you can see is that my solution is creating the menus by parsing a html nested list your example's menu's gotta be created through JS arrays... :(

maybe for those of you who want a more professional (for non commercial use free) version it would be possible to use my
dhtmlmenu.php with the JS from: http://www.udm4.com ...
drnibbles

Post by drnibbles »

"ouhm thanks for the hint but I was always looking for a solution that uses the less JS possible... for example in FF Browser my slideout menu works without any JS in the core site's code only IE uses body onload

and another point you can see is that my solution is creating the menus by parsing a html nested list your example's menu's gotta be created through JS arrays...

maybe for those of you who want a more professional (for non commercial use free) version it would be possible to use my
dhtmlmenu.php with the JS from: http://www.udm4.com ..."

How would i use this as you say... I'd like to try....
brans

Post by brans »

ok it is very simple!
go to the last line of my dhtmlmenu.php
and simply change:

'id="nav" class="dropdown"'
to

'id="udm" class="udm"'

The final step to take is to exchange my Javascript and stylesheet with the one of udm (remove mine and add as they describe it in their readme).

UDM have a very big readme and howto at their homepage so please if you customize udm read through this first.. the first steps are very important to know!

As I tested out udm with my script I know that it works ;-) so if you have any problems including the scripts in phpwcms simply let me know...
drnibbles

Post by drnibbles »

I'll be trying this tonight
sustia

Post by sustia »

Great work :D

It is possible to make this menu horizontal?
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!
sustia

Post by sustia »

I have a little problem with the startlevel.

I have two language, so in the {NAV_TABLE_COLUMN} I put the level 2 to begin from that category

{NAV_TABLE_COLUMN:2}
With this module I can't see this
$startevel = 0;
in the file dhtmlmenu.php, so I put the level 2 in the $start:

<?php
function build_dhtmlmenu($start=2, $class, $counter=0) 
It doesn't works, maybe I worng something?
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!
brans

Post by brans »

uuups Im very sorry for that.. I updated the zip archive and you should find the startlevel now...
sustia

Post by sustia »

brans wrote:uuups Im very sorry for that.. I updated the zip archive and you should find the startlevel now...
Thanks a lor brans, now it works fine :D

I hope soon this menu can be horizontal too, great works anyway :D
Campeones del mundo!
Vegetables!