Advanced Custom Fields

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
Goof_One

Advanced Custom Fields

Post by Goof_One »

Hi there, hi Oli!
A really cool feature I saw in Wordpress was http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/. For Webdesigner and Only-Backend-and-Template-User I found this extension amazingly helpful.

The problem I currently have with phpwcms is that the backend is limited to cpts that have each a specific structure for specific usage. During the loads of projects I did with phpwcms I found myself in the situation of using the forms in the content parts in an unorthodox way. Lets say using the caption or even the subtitles in the Image Special to drop classes or inline-styles into the template. It feels like flying a helicopter in a living room :) .

From my point of view and my experience I wish that the content parts would be much more customizable in terms of adding new forms/input fiels/dropdowns etc....i would even say that the content parts themselves should be just a suggestion of how to structure a cpt.

ACF made a very good job i must say, because the usage is so simple (echo the_field(‘hero_text’)). The possibility of creating my own input forms inside a cpt reduces the amount of cpt templates I have to create, using simple if variables (same als [CAPTION][/CAPTION] or [CAPTION ELSE]): if checked = show parallax effect (plus a correct label and even description for clients and user).

As I have just some simple programming skills I dont know if that would be possible, so I'm happy with a simple yes or no :) its just bothering me for such a long time and need to know if there is a change for implanting this in phpwmcs or not.

Thanks allot for the great cms anyway!
Jakob (q23)
nameless1

Re: Advanced Custom Fields

Post by nameless1 »

fully agree - should be posted as featuere wish
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Is still on my list for one of the next releases to kick the old CPs away or transform these into such new basis of custom CPs.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
update

Post by update »

Great news :)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Uwe367

Post by Uwe367 »

Sounds very good :D