Hack request: CP Form

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
santscho

Hack request: CP Form

Post by santscho »

Sorting form fields in the backend is not very comfortable, especially if you have many fields and you need to move one from bottom to top. I would say, it is a torture.
Would it be difficult to replace the "arrow up/down" sort function with a "drag'n'drop" sort function. (Similar to the sort function of casaloca's mediaplayer mod). Have no clue how to do that.
Schon Konfuzius sagte: "Sei kein YAML-Lappen". YAML-phpwcms-Integration auf http://www.yaml.phpwcms.org
baklavoni

Re: Hack request: CP Form

Post by baklavoni »

santscho,
I totally agree with you.
Hope it will be done...?
There is no page like home page...
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

you better could try: http://code.google.com/p/phpwcms/issues/list

i do agree, with you.
on the other hand, the field order in the CP is not important by using custom templates.
as far as i remember, the html output will be determined by the arrangement of labels and fields in a custom form template.

a) add any field to the CP as you want.
b) to get a certain order, edit the custom template, add labels and fields the way you need.
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
update

Post by update »

Jensensensensen is absolutely right. While it is a pain in the a.. to rearrange form entries it is working out really well for custom templates, where any rearrangement can be done easily.
Whether you are using fieldsets and labels or doing it "the normal way" doesn't matter, but fieldsets are a nice way to style your form...
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.