News template

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
santscho

Re: News template

Post by santscho »

Bens tutorial is great. Everything works perfectly. But please read and try...

For my test, I have 4 News: 1 news (Dezember) and 3 archive news (September, Oktober, Novmber)

In the following two parts between the dashed lines, you can find 2 URL. Please open them and just watch the pages without following any of the news link. It looks okay.

-----------------------------------------------------
http://web179.pluto.ibone.ch/zuecchin-news.phtml

News page with the news (left) and links to archive news (right)

Article alias: zuecchin-news

Left Column
- CP NEWS | Archive exclude
- Archiv: news-archiv
- News article: zuecchin-news

Right Column
Left Column
- CP NEWS | Archive only

http://web179.pluto.ibone.ch/news-archiv.phtml

News archive page with the archive news (left) and links to news (right)

Article alias: news-archiv

Left Column
- CP NEWS | Archive only

Right Column
Left Column
- CP NEWS | Archive exclude
- News article: news-archiv

What I want but it's not working:
zuecchin-news.phtml
Click on december news left: opens the news detail in the same article in the left column. The links right for archive news should not change.
Click on september news right: opens the news detail in the news archive article in the left column. The links right for news should not change.
news-archiv.phtml
Click on december news left: opens the news detail in the same article in the left column. The links right for news should not change.
Click on december news right: opens the news detail in the news article in the left column. The links right for news should not change.

Please click on any news and you will see, that the news article opens in all news-CP's in the article. Any solutions for that problem? What did I wrong? Maybe News-Guru-Ben knows?

Thanx a lot
Ralph
Schon Konfuzius sagte: "Sei kein YAML-Lappen". YAML-phpwcms-Integration auf http://www.yaml.phpwcms.org
360fusion

Post by 360fusion »

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since i've been on here, it's good to see the familiar faces are still here.

I was wondering if there has been any more updates to the news section, after a search i haven't found any information on pagination. I have a friend i set up the news module for a while ago and as you can imagine it is getting quie long on one page now. I have updated to the latest version but am having no joy with the obvious.

Kind regards
Ben
update

Post by update »

Hi Ben,
good to see you "back" ;)
As far as I know the news section hasn't undergone any development (especially pagination would have been nice) by now, but I think (=hope) that there will be some movement over the next time.
The Blog module and other nice ones are about to be renewed (not to mention the enhanced fck- editor) and there is a wiki online now - so there will be progress ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
360fusion

Post by 360fusion »

Hi Claus,

Thought you may be one of the first to respond. Good to hear from you and see your still very much involved in phpwcms.

That is a pity. I was hoping for a quick fix on the pagination so i didn't have to move any of my friends articles around.

I saw the wiki and looked up the news section, when I saw information on it i thought great! then started reading the information and it seemed familiar. It is the information I wrote all that time ago. I wasn't much help to myself as i knew what i was telling myself.

Ben
santscho

Post by santscho »

Any updates regarding the News pagination? Looks like still doesn^t work.

Santscho
Schon Konfuzius sagte: "Sei kein YAML-Lappen". YAML-phpwcms-Integration auf http://www.yaml.phpwcms.org
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I think it will work out just now . -> http://code.google.com/p/phpwcms/source/list

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Yes it works - but at the moment pure classic pagination - no date based.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

Hi to all, I have come to see what is new on phpwcms... and I want to use the news module but I have a problem:

I have done all like in the tutorial and all is fine but when I click on Read more... is opening a blank page not the page with the selected news... any ideea why?
ImagePackging design,labels, catalogs,postcards,
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

well I have found that the alis in the news must ne in 1 word and is working now..... for me at least.

How do I make to have 2 columns with news ?

also how can I make a link to archive news? and where is the archive?

Is there a way to select only a few selected news (from the news page) that I want to put on home page like a show content RT?
santscho

Post by santscho »

culda_a wrote:Is there a way to select only a few selected news (from the news page) that I want to put on home page like a show content RT?
That's easy. Set a tag in each news you want to publish on your homepage. For example: featurenews

Then create a news contentpart on the home page and insert your tag "featurenews" in the tag field. Phpwcms will only publish featurenews.
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

super nice,thanks for the help
culda_a

Post by culda_a »

any ideea how to use news in 2 columns?