Making of a mod...

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
snobba

Making of a mod...

Post by snobba »

Hi Guys!

Just thinking of implementing a script I have into phpwcms but I just wanted to ask all you guys that have been busy with this(and created your own phpwcms script from scratch) a lot first..

Is it hard and/or complicated to turn a excisting script into a phpwcms mod that will show in the backend and work with a replacement tag? I can image that the hard part is not to implement phpwcms with the script more of a problem getting the excisting script to open and work within the 'phpwcms-frame'...

But on the other hand it shouldn't be se extremely hard to do this because I can put a script in with a php include function and it works...Just have to make the link to open with phpwcms also..Must be something 'standard' I can develop to make it recognize the phpwcms all the time?

Can anyone tell me what to think of when doing this?

Thanks,

Greetings from Martin

P.S. No javascript I-frame solution is good for me because I regard it not be secure enough.
Jérôme

Post by Jérôme »

I think it is not too difficult to do this.

If you have a look at one of my MODs, you can easily see where you have to change something to add a certain functionality.

You have to change phpwcms.php to add the menu items to the backend, you have to add a line to content.front.inc.php to be able to use additional functionality (that you have programmed) in the frontend, and so on...

I can just recommend you to have a good look on my MODs because as I have documented everything quite clearly in the installing instructions, it is easy to see where to to what and how.

Many greetings
- Jérôme

PS: It was quite difficult to find out where to do what at the beginning, but once you have found the "key", it is very easy and always the same procedure!
snobba

Post by snobba »

Thanks J.! Somehow I just knew that you would answer this thread.. :wink:

Yes, I have taken a look at your mod and it is what you said well coded and well commented! Great, didn't think of this! Now I can start working with my own mods when someone already been doing all the hard work finding out how to do it all! :lol:

Take care / Martin
frold

Post by frold »

snobba wrote:Now I can start working with my own mods
and we can start to look forward to test them, LOL :lol:
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark