problem: List of articles in current category

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
sparks

problem: List of articles in current category

Post by sparks »

Hi, I am trying to have an 'article menu' instead of 'category menu' in one of my sites (have a look: http://www.idejusrautai.lt/example.html, the list on the left, and the category menu is on the top).

JensZ news flash RT would suit me, but there I need to set category ID manually, resulting in at least 5 templates of the site just for that.

Are there any ways of creating an 'article menu' or any other form of article list, present in current (active) category? displaying that list in {CONTENT} part doesn't fit...
sparks

Post by sparks »

and for those who notice layout froblems on other than IE7 browsers - yes, I am working on that :)
DeXXus

Re: problem: List of articles in current category

Post by DeXXus »

sparks wrote:Hi, I am trying to have an 'article menu' instead of 'category menu' in one of my sites
Just to clarify... you ~must~ mean 'content part' menu instead of 'article' menu?
(Because a 'category' is intended to be an 'article' made up of 'content parts'.) :wink:
sparks

Re: problem: List of articles in current category

Post by sparks »

DeXXus wrote:
sparks wrote:Hi, I am trying to have an 'article menu' instead of 'category menu' in one of my sites
Just to clarify... you ~must~ mean 'content part' menu instead of 'article' menu?
(Because a 'category' is intended to be an 'article' made up of 'content parts'.) :wink:
well... not really. I have a structure like this:

Home
ArticleH1
ArticleH2
Category1:
Article11
Article12
Article13
Category2:
Article21
Article22
Article23

And what I want to have is the list of articles (headlines) displayed in the left column, when certain category is selected from menu.

A content part "article menu" gives me a pretty decent look, but I can't put it outside the {CONTENT} block :(

BTW: it seams like newsflash mod doesn't work on phpwcms130?
sparks

workaround made

Post by sparks »

Well, i used {Show_content} RT to display 'article menu' CP's, created specifically for this. 6 templates though. If there was a solution to display those article headlines automatically, would have needed only one template (just need to be smth like {article_list_current} :) )