Guestbook Admin Hack & Newsletter

Post custom hacks and enhancements for phpwcms here only. Maybe some of these things will be included in official release later.
zelsyus

Guestbook Admin Hack & Newsletter

Post by zelsyus »

Hi.

Is it possible to send mail on new comments to everyone who's signed into a newsletter? Maybe in the config file for the Guestbook Admin Hack?

I've managed the sending of mails on new comments. I don't know how anymore. Because i'm no prgrammer. I can modify some parts of code mostly intuitively.

http://www.lebedienacht.de/guestbookadminhack.zip

And then in the config file:

Code: Select all

// *** www.iP-e.de *** GUESTBOOK-ADMIN-HACK
$phpwcms['administrate_guestbook_email'] = 1; // enable email for administration = 1, disable = 0 ; requires $phpwcms["administrate_guestbook_email"]
// *** www.iP-e.de *** GUESTBOOK-ADMIN-HACK
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

The send email on new comment is realized for coming release together with lot more things. So take off the hack. It's very limited and very hacky...

Would be no big problem to enhance it by send message to all. Haven't thought about it.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
zelsyus

Post by zelsyus »

Yep. Send to newsletter members would be great...

The Idea was to do all inside PHPWCMS. Until now we had a yahoo-group going. But it's not working probably anymore. Don't know why.

So the idea with the newsletter.

Someone can register for the "New comments" Newsletter and receives those mails.

And thanks for this great piece of software.
I wait for the next big release...
velo

Post by velo »

Would also nice to have an option to show the latest comments. For example on the homepage. And it would be great if the comment-count script (http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.p ... da4ef20949) could be included in next release.

greetings,

Velo
phalancs

Post by phalancs »

Strange I had the same problems. And we were also working with a yahoo group. But want this in phpwcms :)

Best solution i got so far is:

-Registration for users (with basic data and profile data) [see hacks section]
-Forum where they can talk (I worked on the neglected forum script) [see hacks section]
-E-Mail on every new topic for those who selected this option on registration

Partly this way is already released. I am glad that olive ris working on stuff like that but I think that this field of work opens a door into an area where then there are hundreds of combined things to do. (If you have a registration then you need a profile editor, if you want forum functions based on profile, then you need more bigger profile fields ...).

Waiting for the things t come and in ther meantime playing and working with phpwcms ;)
(this prevents me from being hippelig)