Switching to Apache htaccess login

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
ssddgreg

Switching to Apache htaccess login

Post by ssddgreg »

I would like to switch from the login.php login to apache security (using the .htaccess file) for logging at phpwcms administrator part. I would like to pass the username and password to login.php somehow, so I don't need to provide the username and password twice.

Does anyone have a hint how to do it?

Thanks!
Dejan
flip-flop

Re: Switching to Apache htaccess login

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

I think this will not work without very special server based scripts.
Why you don´t rename your login.php? (Have a look into conf.inc.php -> $phpwcms['login.php'] = 'login.php';

Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Heiko H.

Post by Heiko H. »

ssddgreg wrote:I would like to switch from the login.php login to apache security (using the .htaccess file) for logging at phpwcms administrator part.
Hi,

the first problem you have is:
The phpwcms administrator part is in the same directory as the cms itself! -> You need a lot of core code hacking to separate this! Because apache security works directorywise :idea:

Next:
You need to administrate your host to use Auth MySQL, mod_auth_mysql is needed for this. -> In the best case you administrate your host by yourself, or you have a very flexible provider.
and so on... :?

Just one question: Why do you wanna do this? I can't see any advantage, but a lot of work(for nothing)!?!

Regards Heiko...
Not longer here - sorry...

Haubner-IT GbR Dresden
ssddgreg

Post by ssddgreg »

Thanks for your hints. Why - I don't trust PHP and MySQL so much regarding security issues.

However, Apache htaccess is also not the best one for typing in username and pwd as a string. I will move the login.php to a subfolder and add .htaccess protection on it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Dejan