Installation on WampServer “Please proof your database setti

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
Powerscourt

Installation on WampServer “Please proof your database setti

Post by Powerscourt »

Hi everyone

I’ve just downloaded phpwcms and would like to test it on a local server (WampServer) before installing on my remote server.

When calling up the install script and following the onscreen set-up instructions I’m getting the error message “Please proof your database settings!”

The MySQL host name is: localhost, I’ve named the DB User and assigned a password and given a name to the DB table prefix. Use persistent database box is checked.

I think these settings should work so the only thing that I think may be causing the error message is the fact that I’ve not set “Chmod Rights” for the files.

I don’t believe you need to set Chmod Rights for files on WampServer as it’s a Windows based server (I don’t know of a way to do it anyway!) but I can’t proceed any further with the installation of phpwcms due to the error message.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Installation on WampServer “Please proof your database setti

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Check port of the database too. Which "WampServer" do you use?

Most users use local servers for development and testing. I recommend to use XAMPP on Windows.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Powerscourt

Re: Installation on WampServer “Please proof your database setti

Post by Powerscourt »

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your speedy response.

WampServer is showing as version 1.6.1.33.

I've had no problems so far using WampServer when uploading .php files for preview etc.

I'll take a look at XAMPP

Regards, Chris