r324 setup problem

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
fardilha

r324 setup problem

Post by fardilha »

Hi all.

I just tried to install r324 but run onto this error while trying to run setup:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /htdocs/public/www/setup/inc/setup.func.inc.php on line 181
I double check the permissions, using this page as guide: http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/installation_en.phtml

Just to see if it was something not related with the server it self, I deleted r324 and upload r307, an old version that I happen to have laying around.
With r307 the installation went fine.

I still don't have proper access to the server to be able to try to fine tune php, but since it's a standard web space that was bought by the client, I'm not so sure if I'll ever be able to actually change anything.

So here is what I have right now:

Code: Select all

WWW server: Apache/2.2.3 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 PHP/5.1.2
PHP version: 5.2.5
MySQL version: 5.0.45
PHP settings
register_globals On
safe_mode Off
GD2 bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Image types supported: GIF/ PNG/ JPG
Is there anything that I can do, on the phpwcms install files, to make it work under this settings?

Thank you all
Pedro Fardilha
update

Re: r324 setup problem

Post by update »

take r327 - this will fix it

really ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
fardilha

Re: r324 setup problem

Post by fardilha »

Thanks!

This is what I call a quick development. ;)
Before posting here on the forum, I went to the download area and r324 was the most recent.
Even on the code page, it would only show r325.

But you were right, 327 fixed it.

Best regards!
Pedro Fardilha