New install code problem

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
bowyersden

Re: New install code problem

Post by bowyersden »

OK, I changed over to file-zilla for FTP and I used 7-zip to unpack a new download. I re-uploaded everything (in binary) and moved setup.conf.inc to the specified conf/phpwcms/ as conf.inc and i still get this:

Code: Select all

Warning: main(d:/hshome/madduck/bowyers-den.com/setup/include/inc_lib/permissions.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\hshome\madduck\bowyers-den.com\include\inc_lib\default.inc.php on line 212

Warning: main(d:/hshome/madduck/bowyers-den.com/setup/include/inc_lib/permissions.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\hshome\madduck\bowyers-den.com\include\inc_lib\default.inc.php on line 212

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'd:/hshome/madduck/bowyers-den.com/setup/include/inc_lib/permissions.class.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP\pear') in d:\hshome\madduck\bowyers-den.com\include\inc_lib\default.inc.php on line 212
Line 211 and 212 on default.inc.php

// load permissions class
require(PHPWCMS_ROOT.'/include/inc_lib/permissions.class.php');
Ok, hit me. :D How did I screw it up?

What do you mean "clean Remote" Do I have to erase the server instead of just over writing files? Why is it looking for a file in the setup folder that i deleted as I was told to. Do I reinstall the setup folder?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

It looks like you have a slow or instable FTP connection which drops some files while uploading.

Really check that all files are uploaded correct. Maybe re-upload everything to another directory. Download SmartFTP and use this instead of FileZilla.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
bowyersden

Post by bowyersden »

OK, I deleted and re-loaded everything. It's not showing errors, but it's blank.

I went through setup and have not deleted the setup folder until I know it works, but I don't think that is it as warnings said you could just get hacked with it still in.

So, where do I go now to fix it and where do you go to log into the admin section? Is it blank because I have not add content yet or just did it wrong, again?
bowyersden

Post by bowyersden »

conf.inc.php on line 22

Is this right? Earlier I was told to copy it from setup and into config.phpwcms/ as config.inc.php

$phpwcms['DOC_ROOT']          = 'd:\hshome\madduck\bowyers-den.com\setup';         //default: $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']// real DOC_ROOT seems to be: 'd:/hshome/madduck/bowyers-den.com/inc' 
I down loaded the file from the step 5 page but it downloaded as a text file not a php and lost all line breaks. But it loads the same on the web editor.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

...Right click - save as. I really don't know what you do, what browser you use or whatever? It is really not that hard.

The file conf.inc.php must be placed in directory config/phpwcms.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон