Upgrade Instructions

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
Grinner

Upgrade Instructions

Post by Grinner »

Hi,

Where can I find upgrade instructions in English?
I Babelfished some docs from the phpwcms-docu.de site but I couldn't make that much sense out of certain steps. I'm trying to upgrade from 1.2.3 to the latest stable dev without much success.

G.
flip-flop

Re: Upgrade Instructions

Post by flip-flop »

>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Grinner

Post by Grinner »

OK, one of the links leads to the English instructions. The other in the center frame leads to the German section, which is what I was clicking. The link on the left menu is correct.
juergen

Post by juergen »

Welcoem Grinner,

if anything doesn't match, be back and we try to hlep ;)
Grinner

Post by Grinner »

Thanks for your help.

I am the server admin, and trying to perform an upgrade for a customer.
I kept on clicking on the link (circled in red in this picture) which leads to the German instructions. At first, I ignored the link from the menu on the left, which is the correct English version.

The upgrade instructions are a bit confusing even in English, but I managed to figure out most of it. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with 'adjusting' the template_default.inc.php and frontend.css files.

Also at one point during the database upgrade I have obtained the following error:
ERROR: Can't DROP 'acat_alias'; check that column/key exists -> ALTER TABLE `phpwcms_articlecat` DROP INDEX `acat_alias`, ADD INDEX `acat_alias` (`acat_alias`);

Strangely though, that acat_alias field of phpwcms_articlecat table actually exists.

In the end, after completing the upgrade, the site will not come up with a PHP fatal error: Call to undefined function: build_dhtmlmenu() in /var/www/vhosts/ammetropole.ca/httpdocs/template/inc_script/frontend_render/css_dropdown.php on line 1
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hehe

you still have a backup of the old site ?
juergen

Post by juergen »

ok .. couldn't find this function, so the thing now ist you discharge the errorcalling file by renmaing it:

template/inc_script/frontend_render/css_dropdown.php

to

template/inc_script/frontend_render/css_dropdown.pp (for example)

Error leaves, and (i think) navi is missing
Grinner

Post by Grinner »

Hehehe, yeah I have a backup. Actually I'm doing the upgrade on a copy of the site on another server, and I'm using my hosts file to access it.

But anyway, I've moved the file and you're right, no navi. No images either, but that's probably an issue with file copying.

The only real reason I'm attempting this upgrade from 1.2.3 is to fix the navi dropdown menus that do not work with IE7.
The customer's live site is here:
http://www.ammetropole.ca
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hmmm, several reasons in fact, and a good Idea.

pictures: Upgrade- filestorage done ? so have a look also at the pathes in conf.inc.php
juergen

Post by juergen »