Move Existing Site to New Server

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
VITWNOW

Move Existing Site to New Server

Post by VITWNOW »

Help please.

I'm attempting to move a client’s site to a new server with the least amount of effort. The site uses "Release 1.1-RC4 27-08-2004" and I'm new to phpwcms. I'd like to move it “as is” if possible (unless it's less effort to upgrade it to the latest version). :?: Is there documentation on the steps to do a “move” such as I’m undertaking?

What I've done:
1) Uploaded all the files to a new server with a new domain name.
2) Changed config.inc.php with new database and site values.
3) Modified a config.xml file to point to the new MySQL information / server.
4) Modified file permissions to those in the latest installation instructions (not an exact match on file structure and file names).

The result:
1) I’m able to login to the admin page in phpwcms (using carried over information).
2) I’m able to pull up most pages at the new site.
3) However, for just a few pages I receive errors similar to the following:
a) Case 1:
Warning: main(Config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /yada/yada/yada/myaccount/library/classes/Configuration.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'Config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php;/yada/yada/yada/myaccount/library\;/yada/yada/yada/myaccount/library\PEAR\;') in /yada/yada/yada/myaccount/library/classes/Configuration.php on line 2
**** Note the “\” in the include_path.

b) Case 2:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mark() in /yada/yada/yada/ library/classes/Common/ErrorList.php on line 5

:?: Is it best to load the latest version and migrate the files, or, can I simply copy the files to a replica as I'm presently attempting to do? I appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks,
Rich
VITWNOW

Re: Move Existing Site to New Server

Post by VITWNOW »

To all concerned,
Case 1 has been resolved. The problem had nothing to do with phpwcms installation all to do with customized software.
Working on Case 2 next. Probably similar issue.
Thanks,
Rich