PHP without database

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
tuur66

PHP without database

Post by tuur66 »

I am about to design a website for somebody who hosts her site without mysql-database possibility. However, she wants to have an easy cms, so I want to design the site using phpwcms. I have a database of my own that isn't used yet.

How can I do that? Trying to install phpwcms on her site while referring to my database doesn't seem to work: http://www.herdomain.nl/wcms/login.php only gives a blank page!

Anyone any advice? Is it possible at all?
juergen

Post by juergen »

change localhost to IP of your Server.

If your sql is allowed to take connections from outside, that'll work ...
tuur66

Post by tuur66 »

The IP of my server would then be mysql.mysite.nl, I assume? That's what I have done already - to no avail... It's quite odd!
tuur66

Post by tuur66 »

What I just found: the host of my client has php with safe mode on; how can I change it to safe mode off?
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

safe mode ON... should be fine ;-)
pSouper

Post by pSouper »

are you using the latest version of phpWCMS as this comes with a default template - previous versions have a blank page by default - just a thought.

do you get the setup pages fine? and the database config with setup didn't find an error?

-- by far the simplest and most effective way is for your client to change hosting companies - i prefer 34sp.com - support there is second to none