Blank page after install

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
ivalea

Blank page after install

Post by ivalea »

Hi, after installing (which went well) I'm getting nothing but blank pages for the whole site - even login.php - no error messages by server or script. I've gone over other posts that seem to have the same problem and suspect that the root settings may be wrong. I've contact the host (Yahoo Small Business) and they've assured me that the root settings are correct. I'm not the owner of the hosting account and have installed phpwcms on a subdomain that I only have ftp access for. Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be fixed? Thanks in advance for any help here - it's been driving me crazy for two days now. :)
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

did i understand you rigth thatalso the login.php is blank!?
did you try to reupload all?
ivalea

Post by ivalea »

Yes, the login page is also blank. I tried reuploading all files and reinstalling.
Any ideas?
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

hello

no sorry not really! but if you want mail me the ftp login and i will take a look.
firefly

Post by firefly »

I have also the same problem, my sollution :

Download the created config file* and copy it to ./config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php — you can also edit values manually. Maybe you have to rename the file if you download using Internet Explorer (name is: conf.inc.php). Another possible way is to connect to your account by ftp. Then place the file ./setup/setup.conf.inc.php in ./config/phpwcms. There you have to delete or rename default conf.inc.php — then rename setup.conf.inc.php to conf.inc.php. It's not possible to start the setup process again as long the setup folder still exists and if you have downloaded the created config file once.

I wass forgot this