Moving existing website

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
ErikvdB

Moving existing website

Post by ErikvdB »

Dear all,

I have succesfully used phpwcms for a number of months, until my problems with my provider forced me to move from the old (linux) server to a new (windows) server a little while ago. As I had made some adjustments to the 1.26, I decided to reïnstall the 1.26 and then use the old files to make sure that I keep my adjustments. So far so good and I've got it working except for 2 problems:

1. When creating a new article, I am asked to login again. the article has been created then.
2. File-upload in the FCK-editor does not work anymore.

I do realise that some issues have been fixed in a later release, but I really prefer not to update as migrating the adjustments will take time.

Is the first issue a known issue and is there a known solution? (Could not find it at the forum).

Is there a list of changes to FCKEditor in 1.3x which have enabled the FCKEditor for windows servers?

Thanks for your advise!

Kind regards,
Erik
caramello

Re: Moving existing website

Post by caramello »

ErikvdB wrote: until my problems with my provider forced me to move from the old (linux) server to a new (windows) server a little while ago.
Wheeei, ik zou bijna zeggen, andere provider nemen. Het werkt gewoon beter(lees:makkelijker) op linux.
A website is a concept not a digital brochure ! Vectrus Internet Solution
Jensensen

Re: Moving existing website

Post by Jensensen »

caramello wrote:Wheeei, ik zou bijna zeggen, andere provider nemen. Het werkt gewoon beter(lees:makkelijker) op linux.
PINDAKAAS??

that means in English language...?? :wink:
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
ErikvdB

Re:

Post by ErikvdB »

Many thanks for your great support, 'take a different provider, that works better' is exactly the answer I was looking for!

:roll:

Anyways, as you may understand, this is not an option. But I managed to solve both problems (or actually foundd a work-around)

- The $_session check added for phpwcms in the FCK-editor configuration blocked the filemanager from working. Commenting this out solves the problem. (Yes, don't tell me that it decreases security, that's the same as telling pindakaas!)
- The 'header('Location......) line (167) in article.editcontent.inc.php (include/inc_lib) caused the loose of session information. By adding a sleep(2) just in front of this line, the problem seems 'solved'. I know it is a work-around, not a real solution, but it seems to work for me!

Kind regards,
Erik