{SOLVED} Articles don't show (problem adding articles)

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
raindogmx

{SOLVED} Articles don't show (problem adding articles)

Post by raindogmx »

Sorry, I posted this in support too, I don't know where it belongs but I'm a bit desperate....

I've been using phpwcms here in Mexico for a while yet I have never posted because I always found the answer in your posts. I think phpwcms is the best!

Now my problem, hope you know about it:

I can't remember if there already was a first article in the installation but I have just one and whatever article I add returns an "Error!" message in the preview -now after the upgrade is a 404 error: no content-. I can edit them but they don't show.

However if I make a copy of the first article -which is working- the copy displays well even after modifications.

I performed a clean installation since the first site was installed on a different server/isp and now I can't even create a first article: it won't display.

What could be the problem? PHP? MySQL? I'm absolutely lost!... if I could only knew what the true error is....

The clean install is hosted at http://www.solvemx.com/ng, the transferred one is at http://www.solvemx.com/ngconsultores

If you want I can give you admin login and password.

Thank you very, very much
Last edited by raindogmx on Tue 8. May 2007, 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
update

Post by update »

Hi raindogmx,
404 error: no content
probably seems to be the error message in the default template (have a look at the template section in the backend right at the bottom of the default template) for "no content yet"?
All articles switched to visible?
claus
raindogmx

Post by raindogmx »

Hi claus,

Yes. It is the default error from the template. And I double checked all my articles are visible, even in the database....

:(
raindogmx

Post by raindogmx »

All the articles that were not showing 8 hours ago are displaying now.

...But new articles behave exactly the same as the others did.
raindogmx

Post by raindogmx »

Well------ it was the publication date/time not in sync with the server..... :lol: :lol: :lol: I spent so much time on this!

Thanks for your help. Hope this thread can help another mindless folk.
update

Post by update »

I will go and check my own server now for time sync... :wink:
Good idea, you never know...
claus