"Have a Nice Day!" - WHY YOU!!x!!*!

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
BlueLaw

"Have a Nice Day!" - WHY YOU!!x!!*!

Post by BlueLaw »

Hi All!

I've finally got through my installation and passed with flying colours. I'm on installation step 5 and all my boxes are green and marked with OK (exists + writable)

But now when I press Home or Login I'm faced with "You Cannot Access This Script Directly, Have a Nice Day."

I downloaded the conf.inc.php a few times and pasted it into /config/phpwcms

But it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Perhaps its a version problem, or something to do with my website server but I’m so new to this I'll need a bit of help being pointed in the right direction.

Still excited about all this, let me know what you think.

EDIT!

I also notice that this subject has been discussed before, but in German.

Und Ich kan nich deuth schprecken anymore, well clearly I never really had a good grasp on it in the first place, you understand....
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Check your setup folder and download file setup.conf.inc.php. Have a look into the file and check settings in there. If it matches your settings rename it to conf.inc.php. One line is necessary in there at the end:

Code: Select all

define('PHPWCMS_INCLUDE_CHECK', true);
?>
If it is not there you have not done all steps of setup or you have not downloaded conf.inc.php by link where all permissions are shown again (last step in setup).

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
BlueLaw

Post by BlueLaw »

You were right it was a config.inc.php problem. Once I realised I could open it up in Dreamweaver and check the settings I saw where the error was and sorted it out.

So my installation has finally worked and I can log on. I must have done something wrong though, and I've installed it 3 times now and I still get the same kind of error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/phpwcms.php:57) in /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/include/inc_lib/default.inc.php on line 282

This kind of thing.

Anywhere in the phpwcms.php section of the site are these kind of errors:

Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/include/inc_lang/backend/af/lang.inc.php in /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/phpwcms.php on line 57

Warning: main(/home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/include/inc_lang/backend/af/lang.inc.php): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/phpwcms.php on line 57

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/include/inc_lang/backend/af/lang.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/phpwcms.php on line 57

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/phpwcms.php:57) in /home/d/u/dudleyrees_com/phpwcms.php on line 216

Do they mean anything to you?

I hope so, thanks and bye.

:shock:
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

re-upload those files.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
BlueLaw

Post by BlueLaw »

I'm still covered with errors, the same ones as above.

It breaks my heart, I've done the install from scratch 4 times now. The files it claims are missing are on the server according to 2 different pieces of FTP software.

If anyone has got any more advice I'd love to hear it.
I really don't want to give up on this one.

Cheers.
DR
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hu ?

Everythings fine with your install... just called your blank site and your login :D
update

Post by update »

Tried it too - DF6IH is reporting the truth :lol:
no errors, just normal behavior. Perhaps a caching problem? While developing your site it should be a good advice to set your browsers cache to zero anyway...
claus