Install issues

Please post all install related problems here. Visit this forum first for troubleshooting.
osdeals

Install issues

Post by osdeals »

Hi,

As a newbie to phpwcms, i installed it the way i could best understand.
Extract, create blank database, run setup/index.php to declare the database and other details.

I still get a "We are sorry! For service reasons the system is temporarily not attainable. Visit us later again!" message irrespective of what i do.

I'm running php5 with mysql4 .

Can someone please help? Is there something i'm missing?
Hilfen Sie bitte! Ich kann nur ein wenig Deutsch.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi osdeals,

have you installed the system in this way? http://www.phpwcms-docu.de/installation_en.phtml

I think you have forgotten this step:
"Create and upload the conf.inc.php"
DOCU wrote:Once you have a full compliment of green boxes you should now download and save the newly generated /setup/setup.conf.inc.php file to your config/phpwcms/conf.inc.php replacing the existing file.

IMPORTANT delete the Setup folder as this presents a security risk to your website.
regards Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
osdeals

Post by osdeals »

Yes i did. I renamed the existing conf.inc.php and put in the one i downloaded from the last stage of setup. That still does not work.

I had deleted the setup and the phpwcms_code_snippets directories as instructed in the last page of setup.

Am re-starting the setup from scratch again.

Thanks for the installation link in English. I did the complete installation reading the German link, trying to understand it. *sheepish grin*
osdeals

Post by osdeals »

Installation successful. Thanks to flip-flop for the english guide.

What i did differently is that instead of downloading the created "conf.inc.php" via the browser, i got the file from setup/setup.conf.inc.php and copied the contents via the unix shell.

That got it working :D