High Security Risk in Ver. phpwcms 1.1-RC2_2004-01-10a

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
Florian

Post by Florian »

the Probelm with the RAQs is, that they're using sometimes a damn memory management.
Maybe it will help to restart the server or throw it out of the window and use a "normal" Server like pyramid pizzabox or so (no, do not trow! It's good for COBRA Databases or so :----) ) ;)

Cheers,
Florian
marco

Post by marco »

Why is there a need to include phpMyAdmin in the phpWCMS distribution?
Most sites already have phpMyAdmin, why do we need a second copy bundled with wcms?

I would actually like to REMOVE phpMyAdmin from phpwcms or have the installation optional, if possible.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

No problem - do it ;-)

It's also possible to install a redirect index.php in the empty phpMyAdmin folder that sends you to your own phpMyAdmin installation.

It makes sense to include phpMyAdmin.

But you can also disable phpMyAdmin link in backend - set value in conf.inc.php.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Florian

Post by Florian »

Hi folks,

It's not working in the current Release(RC4_2004-08-27_A). Can anyone give me a hint?
It's also not working when including the "developer" Patch offered by Oliver within this thread. I've got to secure the directory by .htaccess files and that sucks a bit.

Many thanks in advance,
Florian
Pappnase

Post by Pappnase »

Florian wrote:Hi folks,

It's not working in the current Release(RC4_2004-08-27_A). Can anyone give me a hint?
It's also not working when including the "developer" Patch offered by Oliver within this thread. I've got to secure the directory by .htaccess files and that sucks a bit.

Many thanks in advance,
Florian
hello flo

what did not work!?
Florian

Post by Florian »

Hi Pappnase,

the securing of the directory is not working. You can access the folder / phpmyadmin by typing in the exact link to the location...

Cheers,
Florian
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I stopped supporting integration of phpmyadmin - at the moment.

To have it installed there - set the login value of phpmyadmin to "cookie".

Then it is no problem - but use a newer version.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон