charset problem in 1.2.8 (utf-8)!

Use GitHub to post bug reports and error descriptions for phpwcms. Describe your problem detailed!
Evoplure

charset problem in 1.2.8 (utf-8)!

Post by Evoplure »

I installed 1.2.8 (5 sep) from scratch finding that:

- Specials characters are not displayed properly in the alt tag of GT images. The GT picture looks ok, but when the mouse is over special characters are not correct.

- Similarly, special characters are not shown properly in the article's summary placed in the Article Information section. And in the preview lines of each content part (only the last character in these).

Maybe in other places this problem is present as well.
Last edited by Evoplure on Fri 3. Nov 2006, 22:26, edited 2 times in total.
* Maybe I'm wrong * Maybe not *
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hi,

one idea: Switch your charset to:

Code: Select all

$phpwcms['charset']    = 'iso-8859-1';   // UTF-8' default charset 'iso-8859-1'
Regards Knut
>> HowTo | DOCU | FAQ | TEMPLATES/DOCS << ( SITE )
Evoplure

Post by Evoplure »

Thanks a lot for your help, but unfortunately the solution did not work:

The characters were still displayed wrongly in the GT images alt text. The article summary was ok with ISO.

The big problem chosing the ISO charset is that it makes another parts of the website to be displayed with wrong characters (menus and texts that were shown properly under UTF-8 are mistyped with ISO charset)

:cry:

Is there any oher suggestion??? I am working with languages that require specials characters so often, so 1.2.8 gives the impression of being quite buggy for clients (because I use GT mod in several parts of the websites)

Do you reccomend me to change back to 1.2.6?

And please tell me if, by chance, this is a problem only in my installation or it happens to all 1.2.8. installations

Thanks a million
* Maybe I'm wrong * Maybe not *
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

new release is on the way should solve your GT Mod problems (I hope).

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Audax

Post by Audax »

new release is on the way...
Yeah! That's good to hear! Though i'm not posting lots of messages around the forum here, i'm a daily visitor just to find out a new release is coming.
Because PHPWcms is the only cms i've seen (and i've seen quite a lot) which is so customizable and easy to learn. So looking out for the new release!

Big cheer Oliver!
Cogito, ergo sum..