article "Edit" icon / "Edit" Symbol

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
frold

Post by frold »

whizkid wrote:
frold wrote:I have change the icons in my backend... and it is a biig job if the new icons not have the same same w. and h.

There is many files to edit :-(
Hi frold,

can you provide your icon set somewhere?

-whiz
no sorry...

I have just changed all english icons from english to danish

DEL --> SLET
Edit --> Redigér
Etc....

So there is nothing major in that....sry
http://www.studmed.dk Portal for doctors and medical students in Denmark
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I would like to change the edit icon for articles as suggested in this thread.
I am running version DEV 1.2.1. Well it is no problem for me to change over the icon. But I also have to change the size in whichit is displayed. Obviously, the new button is a bit bigger...
DEos anyone know where the button size is specified?
rtilghman

Post by rtilghman »

I, too, would REALLY like to see these icons changed to something more intuitive. Everyone who's used my demo install has had the same question "how the hell do you edit anthing?" I'm getting kind of tired of explaining.

I'd happily modify my own install as I need, but I can't figure out where phpwCMS stores the width and height variables for the icons. I've recursively searched for the code that surrounds the icon and come up with nothing.

So, is there any plan to use more intuitive icons like "EDIT" and "ADD"? If not, can someone tell me how the admin interface lines are built and where the code for the icons is stored?

Thanks,
Rick
rtilghman

Post by rtilghman »

Alright, so it turns out I forgot to use a semi-colon in my recursive search and wasn't actually searching the php files... hence teh reason I couldn't find the references to these images.

Changing the icons is actually pretty simple. Everything you need to reference from a code perspective is in the file:

- include\inc_lib\admin.functions.inc.php

If you want to keep the icons lined up you'll probably want to switch the "X" icon for editting to the "edit_22x11.gif" version and then create a new "add_22x11.gif" icon that is 22px wide instead of 11. Then change the references in the above file accordingly, and finally make sure to change the width o fthe right column so it can fit the wider icons on one line. Specifically you'll need to edit the following:

start-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// $a .= $at."</a></td>\n</tr>\n</table></td>\n<td width=\"77\">";
$a .= $at."</a></td>\n</tr>\n</table></td>\n<td width=\"88\" nowrap>";
//-- 19-11-2004 Fernando Batista end-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just change 88 to something that accomodates the 11px increase, like 99px or 100px. All done. Here's a quick shot of what mine looked like.

Best,
Rick
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

congratulations Rick + thanks a lot!
spirelli

Post by spirelli »

I'd just like to propose again to include a meaningful icon for editing an article in the article centre.