Displaying the date of the article end

Use GitHub to post feature requests for phpwcms.
Bunny

Displaying the date of the article end

Post by Bunny »

Is there a possibility to display the date of the article end (e.g. with the help of a special replacement tag or anything else)?

Thanks for your answers!
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

Hi Bunny,

search for {WAK_ARTICLE_CREATED} ;-)
Gruß/ regards cyrano
--------------------------------------------------------
templates -> http://www.128.weitzelmedia.de
planepix -> http://www.planepix.de
XING -> https://www.xing.com/profile/Thomas_Weitzel3
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Hi cyrano,

thanks, but I don't want to display the date of creation of an article, I want the date of ending of an article.
lupo

Post by lupo »

Hello Bunny

I had a similar problem, because I have to sort and display articles by the start date. Because all my articles are about incidents in the past (fire fighter), I misuse the start date as the official article date.

Example: http://www.fwbrugg.ch/wcms/berichte2006.phtml

May be you want to adapt my solution for your needs:

http://www.phpwcms.de/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
(This source fragments are from 1.2.6)

Regards,
Lupo

BTW: Oliver, it would be great to have official replacement tags for start date and end date of an article or a tag that represents the official article date (which is not the same as the creation date of the article).
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Hi Lupo,

thank you very very much! It works great (for my needs, of course, by replacing "begin" with "end").

I've searched for so many weeks to solve this problem and now I have the solution! Thank you!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Lupo, your solution works great for the article listing. What do I have to do for using it for the complete article, therefore in order to display the article end in the article listing and in the whole article?
lupo

Post by lupo »

I never tested to insert the date into the article itself (because I don't need that).
Give me some time... It's a long time ago when I modified the code, so I have to go trough the code again.
Lupo
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

@ Lupo:

Thanks, that would be very nice!
lupo

Post by lupo »

Hello Bunny

Maybe I have found a solution. It worked in my tests, but I had no a lot of time to test :oops:

Add the line with xxxx in content.func.inc.php, about line 468

Code: Select all

// date replacement
if( ! ( strpos($content["all"],'{DATE_')===false ) ) {
	$content["all"] = str_replace('{DATE_LONG}',    international_date_format($template_default["date"]["language"], $template_default["date"]["long"]),   $content["all"]);
	$content["all"] = str_replace('{DATE_MEDIUM}',  international_date_format($template_default["date"]["language"], $template_default["date"]["medium"]), $content["all"]);
	$content["all"] = str_replace('{DATE_SHORT}',   international_date_format($template_default["date"]["language"], $template_default["date"]["short"]),  $content["all"]);
	$content["all"] = str_replace('{DATE_ARTICLE}', international_date_format($template_default["date"]["language"], $template_default["date"]["article"],   $content["article_date"]),  $content["all"]);
	$content["all"] = str_replace('{DATE_EVT}', international_date_format($template_default["date"]["language"], $template_default["date"]["article"],  strtotime($content["article_begin"])),  $content["all"]);  // xxxxx
	}
Add the line with xxxx in content.article.inc.php, about line 141

$content["summary"]		= '';

$content["article_date"] = $row["article_date"]; // article date
		$content["article_begin"] = $row["article_begin"]; // article begin   xxxxx
		$content["article_created"] = $row["article_created"]; // article created
My sources are version 1.2.6, and I used "article_begin". --> you have to replace it with "article_end"

I hope that works for you and much thanks to Oliver Georgi for that wonderful system!

Greetings from Switzerland, Lupo
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Thanks for your efforts, Lupo, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The complete article displays only the replacement tag.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

If I leave out the date format and the language from the replacement tag (in my case instead of {DATE_END:D, d. F Y: DE} only {DATE_END}) the date is displayed in the complete article. But it is displayed in the short date format. For my needs it has to be the long format. What can I do to get that?
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

I'm guessing you could "work around it" by changing $template_default["date"]["short"] to -match- $template_default["date"]["long"] in: "/config/phpwcms/conf.template_default.inc.php"

// date and time formatting
$template_default["date"]["language"]		= "DE";         // DE=German, IT=Italian, FR=French
$template_default["date"]["long"]			= "l, j. F Y";  // (Monday, 1. October 2003)
$template_default["date"]["medium"]			= "D, j. M y";  // (Mon, 1. Oct 03)
$template_default["date"]["short"]			= "Y/m/d";      // (2003/12/25)
$template_default["date"]["article"]		= "Y/m/d";      // (2003/12/25)
$template_default["time"]["long"]			= "H:i:s";      // 15:25:45
$template_default["time"]["short"]			= "H:i";        // 15:25
lupo

Post by lupo »

Hello Bunny

does the name of the replacement tag ("DATE_EVT" in my example) exactly correspond to the name you used in content.func.inc.php? I checked this modification in the article list, the article header and in a content part (text with image) and it worked well.

Regards, Lupo
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Yes, the names correspond exactly.

By the way I had a similar problem with the {WAK_ARTICLE_CREATED} RT for my news section. The creation date of the article is displayed in the article list by using the specification of the article ID {WAK_ARTICLE_CREATED:{ARTICLEID}}, but in the complete article only without the ID. For my news section I need only the short date format, so I didn't have a problem with that.

Well, maybe I have to go the way that DeXXus posted. Thank you all very much for your help!
DeXXus

Post by DeXXus »

Bunny wrote:Well, maybe I have to go the way that DeXXus posted. Thank you all very much for your help!
It ~may~ be $template_default["date"]["article"] that you want to experiment with, to tell you the truth, dunno! :roll: