Irgendwie fehlt phpwcms die richtige PR... ?!?!?!

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
update

Re: Irgendwie fehlt phpwcms die richtige PR... ?!?!?!

Post by update »

Hach ach, der pepe :lol: :wink:
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

pepe wrote:Ich hatte in meinem "früheren Leben" lieber 10 mal mehr Anfrage als möglichen Output... und deshalb bereits Werbung angekurbelt, wenn ich selber noch nicht wußte, ob das Projekt machbar war. Aber so sieht jeder die Sache auf seine Weise.
Anfragen bedeutet administrative Arbeit, Arbeit für die man nicht bezahlt wird. Ich bin nun mal Freiberufler und mir liegt im derzeitigen Webumfeld auch nicht daran irgendwas "Großes" hochzuziehen. Es gibt zu viele herausgeputzte Säue, die in immer kürzeren Abständen durchs Dorf getrieben werden.

Es wird ein phpwcms 2.0 geben und das wird bewusst abgespeckt. phpwcms soll weiterhin das CMS sein, dass man schnell am Start hat. Für die anderen Projekte existieren genügend etablierte Systeme. Das perfekte System gibt es nicht.

Und eine Chance hat man nur, wenn man produktiv genutzt wird.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
breitsch

Post by breitsch »

100% mit OG einverstanden!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
because it's important!
breitsch
juergen

Post by juergen »

Oliver Georgi wrote:
Und eine Chance hat man nur, wenn man produktiv genutzt wird.
Genau ! Da sehe ich auch das wiki, dass ich mehr als oft nutze. Und da sind sicherlich viel mehr Leute dran als man sehen kann. Was man von einer Seite zu halten hat, die den CMS Titel beinhaltet und vom Ruhestand erzählt in den sie bald geschickt werden wird, müsste man PR technisch noch genauer untersuchen.
harry1963

Post by harry1963 »

Hallo Pepe,

Because I'm a Dutch Guy I'll reply your question in English.

The why is I think because people who create websites these days are looking for non technical CMS systems.
Now its not that PHPWCMS is to heavy (also newbies can make a good start with it) but... for instance imagine that you are a newbie with the wish to make a great website:

Modefying a HTML template will be no problem. But it will start to be one as soon as you's like to customize a add on or enchange your website.

Just walk trough the PHPWMS how to website. Allthoug everything is more than well documented is doesnt give a clear nn technical explenation on things.

A sample: Take a look at the navigation explanation on the how to website. There's nothin not explained but there are also no clear samples wich newbies coud use or adapt to make a quick start.

This, I think, makes PHPWCMS stall in popularity to where it is.

People just want a system wich is from start more (let's say) user-friendly.

Simple! imagine that you would like to build a new website and are looking for a usefull cms system. Also lose all you knowledge and start surching for it.
Would you choose for a cms wich explanes everything but you dont understand anything about it and you'd first had to start learn some scripting?
Or would you choose for a let's say "plug and play" system where almost everything is wysiwyg wich lets you do a lot without any knowledge or technical explanation?

I think that's why, for instance, Joomla is so popular. Not because its a good system (if you aks me it sucks) but it gives people the possibility to start right away.

A maybe answer would be a more user friendly and non technical explanation in the how to with tons of samples to get people started right away

Looking to myself how I experience PHPWCMS. There's nothing better than PHPWCMS allthoug it takes me (most of the time) to much work to get a simple thing modified because the overcrouded explanations with to much tech-slang
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

I agree, but always hard when there is no help :) But gets better from my side now. Community has all tools. Let us see what the next year will bring.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
juergen

Post by juergen »

hehe, with the newer viewport discussions, XPhones and tablets phpwcms is back on stage. Even better, bigger and easyer.

If you buy 3 get another for free :-))))))