Email Newsletter script

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
update

Email Newsletter script

Post by update »

Hello all!
Does anybody know about a program / script for
a. setting up cool newsletters and
b. sending them to 40.000+ recipients
(besides the built-in newsletter functionality of phpwcms? I don't want to mix it into the existing db...)
Possible problems arising: Integration into phpwcms for opt-in / opt-out and letter history perhaps.

Perhaps somebody has been dealing with this before. Any hint appreciated :)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
novallis

Re: Email Newsletter script

Post by novallis »

I have just integrated phplist (new development version, 2.11.6) and integrated it into the frontenduser-administration.
Infos: http://www.phplist.com.

There where some modifikations by me necessary, but i tink, it's a good solution.

Integrated means, you can administrate the letters also by the frontenduser-profils.
Normal way is to use a registration form which can be integrated by iframe (eventually by a other way?)

regards,
Ralf
(novallis)
update

Post by update »

Hey Ralf,
this sounds promising. I've had a look at phplist right before - should be able to do the job.
Perhaps you'd like to introduce your fixes to me you've made so far?
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
juergen

Post by juergen »

Hrmpf .. worked with the phplist on dedi -means no problems with hoster - only 600 adresses, imported. My one (1 year ago) screwed itself into nowhere, only guessing who was sent and who was not.

In this case pro script might be saving lots of time. Or even Mailman could do this !
update

Post by update »

Hmmmm...
what I'd like to see:
- submit request for mail letter, placed onto phpwcms page(s)
- double opt-in
- opt-out on every mail sent
- templates
- extra admin interface

...perhaps it's been gettting better all the time?
update

Post by update »

listmessenger seems to be good too.
Would be some task though to integrate one of these into phpwcms (without iframe)
juergen

Post by juergen »

claus wrote:(without iframe)
Just at this moment wanted to suggest :lol:
novallis

Post by novallis »

Hy Claus,

i will try to send you a "package" of the modified files with a short description during this weekend.
Will see when i find the time.

So long.
Ralf
(novallis)
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

…would be good to have it available for everyone.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
update

Post by update »

:)
novallis

Post by novallis »

coming soon but in german (hope this doesn't matter, but it's to strong for me to translate it - perhapst someone of you can do this better).

Some more infos ...
Ist was a quick and dirty solution - but maybe it's a good point to start and make it better.
I will try to find the time to give necessary explantatons and filex.

so long.

Ralf
(novallis)
update

Post by update »

Don't hurry ;)