Checking scope of phpWCMS

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
aypreport

Checking scope of phpWCMS

Post by aypreport »

I am thinking of developing a site that will allow registered users to upload term papers for edits and comments to be returned to them online. My friend always tells me that phpWCMS is the best CMS she has ever seen. Once I got on and began to read on it I was sold. But I have some questions and I am hoping someone will be able to assist me, please.

1. Can the users have accounts created Paid with a billing company or something of that nature.
2. Can users have an upload of papers and documents?
3. If both are true, then do I have to manually create distinct folders or are folders available for each account?

Thanks in advance for any response you may send out.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Checking scope of phpWCMS

Post by Oliver Georgi »

This is custom work, I guess nothing you can find in any cms out of the box. So you have to setup cms and then develope such special functionalities.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
aypreport

Post by aypreport »

I chose phpWCMS for the scope of this project because of what I was told and also now from what I have seen after one day playing on the system. I do have limitations though, because I do not read or comprehend the German Language, I feel that I cannot find as much support as I would if I were more well rounded. However, I have some help from this site and from web searches. Still, I am wondering if there are some more in depth resources for the initial learning curve? I really think this will be the best CMS to use hands down. Typo3 seems like it is an adjustment off of phpWCMS and I think this will be my problem solver.

If you can direct me to some more resources I will read them and try to walkthrough the instructions verbatim.

Thanks for such a responsive, respectful experience.
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

First you would need a module or separate application integrated in frontend rendering of phpwcms. Then also users can upload files - where you store those files is up to you. It is not difficult - it is just work.

Hard to guide you or just give hints without knowing more. It is time intensive to handle your requests and it can be anything.

Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон