How many errors do you have

Post non-phpwcms related topics here - but I don't want to see "hey check this or that other cms". Post if you have a point or worthwhile comment, don't post just to increase you post count!
Stim

How many errors do you have

Post by Stim »

Hi guys, this tool is very nice if you want to see and fix errors on your website.

On my index page i had over 900 errors :lol:
Anyway, how many errors do you have?
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
update

Re: How many errors do you have

Post by update »

On my index page I have zero ;)
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
Stim

Post by Stim »

claus wrote:On my index page I have zero ;)
Had to believe but ok, :wink:

But from now all people who says have no erros must also post with link to theirs index page so it can be checked – otherwise everybody will have zero. :lol:
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

Stim wrote:...But from now all people who says have no erros must also post with link to theirs index page so it can be checked – otherwise everybody will have zero. :lol:
no, but they must have used validatio[r]n tools during development and before publishing to be sure that there are no errors in the source code. don't forget that everybody can run these tests for any web page
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.
Stim

Post by Stim »

Jensensen wrote: no, but they must have used validatio[r]n tools during development and before publishing to be sure that there are no errors in the source code
No, i dont think so..

However, claus had right, there was no error on your page. I don’t know but its seems index page using iframe? Maybe this tools 0 error for index because that , don’t now. Nice work however and also pretty nice webpage :wink:

All sites I tested in this tool shows lots of error, just one I tested had only 2 errors, this Swedish news site http://aftonbladet.se Other news site, like this one http://www.dn.se had hundred of error, just like me, so good work claus :wink:
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
update

Post by update »

Hi Stim,
index page using iframe
nono, no single iframe at all! :) No iframe in the whole site... just some divs and some css ;)
Nice work however and also pretty nice webpage
Thank you :oops:
It's mostly all about maintaining two or three customer's sites Still supporter for the band Mykket Morton. Visit Mykket Morton on FB. Listen Mykket Morton and live videos on youtube.
Now building a venue for young artists to get wet on stage, rehearsal rooms, a studio, a guitar shop - yes I'm going to build some guitars.
nekket

Post by nekket »

We try to make every page valid - for all of our projects. Sometimes it doesn't work but most of the time it's possible and not very hard to do :D
pixelpublic GmbH | Agentur für Neue Medien und Gestaltung
markus s

Post by markus s »

and dont forget the CSS validation !
jigsaw - http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

the validation is basic in search engine optimation !
propelled by fresh air from tirol
XING|FACEBOOK|OMENTO
Stim

Post by Stim »

Thanks markus s, nice to now good tools. I have to say I believed on my web design course and got very good grade, but these tools definitive didn’t had same opinion as my then teacher I believe :lol:

However, some more good tools, phpwcms user know will be nice to know, if there is some more
)-= 1.3.0 user =-(
Jensensen

Post by Jensensen »

Hi Stim,
sorry, I thought that YOU already knew this tools...
Stim wrote:...but these tools definitive didn’t had same opinion as my then teacher I believe :lol: ...
Yes, right you are :wink: :) And this is exactly we experience day in and out just to work out another fix'n foxy fix...
{so_much} | Knick-Knack. | GitHub
Umlaute im URL sind meistens immer Kacke.