Forum hosting admin change

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Forum hosting admin change

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Hi Community,

It is time to handle over the phpwcms forum to a new site admin who is willing and more free to maintain and host the forum and the community. I am no longer able to do so because I want to focus on my core competences and push further development of phpwcms.

If you are interested please let me know! Your hosting platform should be powerful enough to handle this, currently the database behind is around 350MB large. There is a lot of traffic from Google and other search engines. It is possible that you register a new domain name or I set the DNS of forum.phpwcms.org to your IP or make a permanent redirect.

The phpBB is up-to-date.

The best would be if Knut is taking it side by side with phpwcms-howto. I will choose the best option (I hope).

Cheers,
Oliver

By the way: the forum will be switched into read only mode within the next 2 months if there is no take over. The worst case is the shut down.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
phalancs

Re: Forum hosting admin change

Post by phalancs »

Hmm,
what is the recommended server performance to run this on? What are you currently using for it?
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Re: Forum hosting admin change

Post by Oliver Georgi »

most of the time it is not really speed of the server, is limited ability to handle many open DB connections — currently it is running on a reseller server hosted by all-inkl.com
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон