phpwcms 1.3.0

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

phpwcms 1.3.0

Post by Oliver Georgi »

It is available: phpwcms 1.3.0 can be downloaded at SourceForge.net
If SourceForge might be down you can download latest release here...

The main changes in this release are:

1) A simple module/plug-in API. Check include/inc_module/module_glossary - this is a working sample module. API will be enhanced at later time. For now it's a very flexible system. All files and file names included there are FIXED - do not change. But it is no problem to add custom functionality using other include files. File names are nearly self-explaning. A guide will follow also a bit later. I have no time at the moment to do so.

2) Content part "link article" was enhanced to work as teaser list. It's pretty cool to use it.

And then there are lot of smaller fixes included... 1.3.0 is the better 1.2.9 ;-

Please - if you find a bug post it on SourceForge or send me an email. Don't use forum to post such information - often I will not see it.

A changed files only package for upgrading from 1.2.9 to 1.3.0 will follow too by end of this week. Normally it should be enough to replace all core files excluding settings and do the little db upgrade manually.

To stay informed by email you can subscribe to our mailing list.

Have fun.
Oliver
Last edited by Oliver Georgi on Fri 9. Mar 2007, 09:58, edited 2 times in total.
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон
Oliver Georgi
Site Admin

Post by Oliver Georgi »

Some notes:
  1. rendering of "link article" is changed from table based to list based (ul/li). You can change default list style by setting a class name for value $template_default['article']['link_article_class'] = 'articleLinkInternal';
    in conf.template_default.inc.php. But you can set own template too - have a look at the new functions in content part "teaser/link article".
  2. there are some images missing for recipe's default template. Use own images or change template... This is NO bug.
  3. If you have problems with MySQL and STRICT mode - please check
    include/inc_lib/dbcon.inc.php line 50 and remove comment "//" there so that the line looks like this:

Code: Select all

@mysql_query("SET SQL_MODE='MYSQL323'", $db);
  4. MySQL Strict mode might also block setup process - in this case check
    setup/inc/setup.check.inc.php line 181:
    change line from

$value = "SET SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO'";
    to

$value = "SET SQL_MODE='MYSQL323'";
Oliver
Oliver Georgi | phpwcms Developer | GitHub | LinkedIn | Систрон